We are growing and taking on more to make the world safe for ecommerce. Amazon.com's TRMS team is a centralized technology team that protect all of Amazon's businesses and services from fraud and abuse. These systems, invisible to the customer, work seamlessly across the billions of transactions occurring simultaneously around the world. We are pioneering new techniques to detect and neutralize bad actors that attempt to abuse our policies.
TRMS designs and builds high performance software systems using machine learning to identify and prevent abusive transactions. Abuse prevention is a real money game where our software teams strive to outsmart those who attempt to defraud Amazon and our customers. Come build with us! Every dollar of abuse that we prevent is a dollar of profit for Amazon or its 3P Sellers, a dollar that could be reinvested to deliver new features for our customers. Because of Amazon's huge scale, this a great opportunity to add hundreds of millions to the bottom line.
TRMS is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric data scientist to drive expansion of innovative ML products globally in the Policy Risk space.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, machine learning, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques. You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve problems, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in concise and effective manner. Additionally, the candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. This is a high impact role with goals that directly impacts the bottom line of the business.
* Use predictive analytics and machine learning techniques to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
* Employ the appropriate algorithms to discover patterns of risks, abuse and help reduce bad debt
* Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models to optimize TRMS operations
* Solve analytical problems, and effectively communicate methodologies and results
* Build predict models to forecast risks for product launches and operations and help predict workflow and capacity requirements for TRMS operations
* Draw inferences and conclusions, and create dashboards and visualizations of processed data, identify trends, anomalies
* Work closely with internal stakeholders such as business teams, engineering teams, and partner teams and align them with respect to your focus area
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.