Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle, the world leader in Enterprise Cloud, is hiring the best and brightest technologists in the industry as we continue to add customer-centric, world-class, leading edge, secure, hyper-scale based solutions throughout all levels of the cloud stack. Oracle's cloud eco-system is the only complete business cloud platform on the planet, with market leading and business transforming solutions spanning SaaS, DaaS, PaaS and IaaS. Oracle's Cloud applications, such as Enterprise Resource Management, Customer Relationship Management, Human Capital Management, and Supply Chain Management are used by thousands of customers across the globe and are the broadest, most innovative in the industry, providing businesses with adaptive intelligence, standardized business processes and competitive advantage at low cost.
As part of market leading ERP Cloud, Oracle Expenses Cloud offers a broad suite of modules and capabilities designed to provide a complete, end-to-endsolution for digital expense management giving employees easy data entry options,and financial managers detailed spend information and policy-driven control. Online and mobile,along with spreadsheet entry options, automate travel entry details and approvals,reducing administrative headaches while still capturing essential data for effective cost management.
The Fusion Expenses is looking for passionate, innovative, high caliber, team oriented super stars that seek being a major part of a transformative revolution in the development of modern business cloud based applications. We are seeking highly capable, best in the world developers, architects and technical leaders at the very top of the industry in terms of skills, capabilities and proven delivery; who seek out and implement imaginative and strategic, yet practical, solutions; people who calmly take measured and necessary risks while putting customers first.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Combine deep domain knowledge in ERP applications with fleet usage, customer feedback (e.g. user behavior, SRs, Bugs, etc.) and related data sources to identify patterns and operational opportunities for service improvements focused around monitoring, telemetry, security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Research analysis must be robust, using statistically sound, rigorous scientific, data-driven methodologies, and include the creative use of algorithms using AI, machine (deep) learning and predictive modelling techniques.
* Define the operational service health metric standards, metrics, and data science process for Oracle SaaS/ERP.
Dashboards - Lead the development and management of metrics, KPIs, and dashboards with a focus on customer adoption, experience and feedback (e.g. fleet info, SRs, Bugs/ERs), the use of our services (e.g. fleet info) and unique challenges at scale.
* Track/Report - Continuously validate business metrics with descriptive and predictive analytics, converting data to insights. Partner with service engineering stakeholders to prioritize investments to solve customer, business and technical problems.
* Process - Define the data science process including tasks and deliverables related to requirements, data discovery and extraction, model development and evaluation, to production pipeline implementation.
* Educate service development peers how to leverage data towards continuous improvement and as the foundation for decision making.
* Actively collaborate with product management, engineering and SRE teams on decisions made in an Agile development environment.
* Actively participate as contributor or leader in a team of peer data scientists, and leverage solutions already being developed and technology that has been demonstrably effective elsewhere.
Skills and Qualifications
* 10 years' experience with data analysis and databases in a business environment utilizing business intelligence, leveraging complex programs and large-scale complex datasets to identify trends.
* Multiple years of experience in bringing creative ideas and proposals to development teams and executives, identifying solutions that positively impact customer usage and customer satisfaction, supported by qualitative justification and quantitative analysis.
* Demonstrated experience in engaging and influencing business leaders, including designing and building executive level dashboards, scorecards, and trend reports.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to accurately and concisely articulate patterns, trends, and insights to leadership at all levels.
* Strong data manipulation, product analytics, data mining, and statistical analysis skills, (e.g. multivariate hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions, etc.), including:
Understanding where and how data is used to measure service health directly or as a proxy.
* Understanding leading vs. lagging indicators that impact the customer experience.
* Developing, innovating, and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems.
* Using predictive modelling, with estimation of confidence intervals around input parameters and predicted quantities.
* The use of AI and machine learning algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, reinforcement learning, and dimensionality reduction.
* Practical experience with deep learning techniques for text processing and modelling.
* Proficient in using industry-standard tooling to create complex, scalable and robust models for time series analysis, scenario analysis and what-if planning.
* Expertise in one or more application domains of NLP. More in-depth experience is a plus, such as:
Experience with one or more of the DNN frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe, or Theano, and applications of such libraries to NLP problems.
* Expertise with text processing tasks such as automatic summarization, translation, named entity recognition, relationship extraction, sentiment analysis, speech recognition, topic segmentation.
* Solid understanding of the full stack for large scale applications built on Cloud platforms such as Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and/or OpenStack.
* Practical experience with large scale SaaS development in a DevOps environment, including feature engineering, feature evaluation, feature selection and automation of such tasks, model interpretation and visualization.
* Domain expertise in one or more of finance, higher education, and project management.
* Experience with Agile and iterative development practices and associated tools such as JIRA.
* Proficiency with several years' experience in more than one of SQL, Python, R, Java, C, C , and robust Linux shell scripting, as well as experience with at least one visualization tool, e.g. Oracle BICS or Tableau.
* Comfortable in an environment that combines well defined problem specifications with at times unpredictable situations carrying a significant number of technically and functional unknowns.
* Self-driven to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (resilient to hazards of "analysis paralysis").
* A B.S. degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or another relevant quantitative field.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.