What you'll be doing...
At Verizon, Finance is leading the formation of an advanced analytics arm that delivers world-class insights in driving business impacts through a data driven approach. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing team in a fast-paced and evolving environment that works in close partnership with internal business partners to inform business strategies via advanced analytics. We're finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support and we want passionate and talented analytics practitioners to join us and be a catalyst for change.
To drive better business results via actionable insights, you will be an advanced analytics partner to support both the Consumer & Business segments in delivering the Verizon 2.0 objectives. You will also design and develop complex and advanced analytical models such as:
* Use advanced statistical and machine learning algorithms to enhance the prediction accuracy of churn and disconnect behavior for Consumer and Business Segments.
* Build new Machine Learning (ML) models to predict Bad-Debt, fraud losses as well as fraud call volumes in support of Bill2Cash and Finance Operations strategy.
* Identify areas to optimize bad debt and recoveries by using customer behavioral data science as well as deeper understanding of existing processes.
* Guide and support decisions on Value Based Marketing & Digital Transformation by optimizing promotion and pricing strategy.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Partner with internal business partners in gathering business requirements and developing advanced analytical solutions to complex problems.
* Hands on active participation in analytical projects delivering improvements in predicting desired metrics to enable robust financial planning & decision guidance.
* Prepare presentation materials and formal documents for use with senior management to promote findings and drive science based decision support recommendations.
* Develop and deploy both traditional statistical models and machine learning techniques and algorithms: Regression, clustering, neural networks, Anomaly Detection, Random Forest etc. to improve prediction and forecasts of desired metrics.
* Ability to develop advanced analytics in multiple platforms including AWS, Hadoop Clusters as well as Teradata.
* Partner with in-house data strategy experts to design analytically ready datasets by stitching customer data across multiple platforms and incorporating business rules.
* Periodically validate model performance and update models based on changing business strategies/objectives. Automation of repeatable tasks at scale.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Data management, analysis and visualization to realize absolute and incremental commercial gains.
* Experience in usingSAS/R/Python.
* Experience programming in SQL, VBA, SPSS, MATLAB, JAVA, Tableau or other relevant tools.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, or Operations Research.
* Experience developing and implementing advanced analytical solutions to business problems/opportunities.
* Experience working in the Consumer/Retail space within the Financial Services, Telecommunications, and Technology or, related work in the Public Policy, Bio-statistics and Scientific Research industries.
* A passion for educating and communicating analytic findings and insights with integrity to all levels.
* A voracious appetite for improvement of our analytical products and processes built on a solid foundation of a lifelong love of learning.
* Publication of technical papers for, and/or attendance and participation in organizations such as INFORMs, ML Conferences, SAS Users Groups, American Statistical Association or others.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.