At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Team
The Marketplace Investments DS team manages the macroeconomics of our rides marketplace. Every year Uber spends billions of dollars to influence our marketplace toward healthy growth by deploying a variety of incentives and pricing levers. Our team develops the algorithms that decide how to invest across all our levers, across all our markets, and what it means to operationalize for healthy growth.
This is a new, small, fast-growing team that is tight-knit and highly collaborative. We are looking for Data Scientists who are excited to work on difficult problems that don't have "textbook" answers, are comfortable with ambiguity, and are passionate about driving the business. This role interacts with many other teams, and you should be excited about developing a working knowledge of the many aspects of the massive dynamic system that is our Marketplace.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Model the evolution of our Marketplace using both marketplace-level and user-level data
* Predict how various levels of riders and drivers ultimately come together to produce trips, and how outcomes are impacted by a complex and highly interactive feature space
* Optimize across many-dimensions using Bayesian Optimization and Reinforcement Learning
* Connect with many other product and business teams
* Innovate at the intersection of machine learning, optimization, and causal inference
* Work with engineering to build production models
What You'll Need
* Experience with data analysis, experimentation, optimization, and machine learning
* Energetic attitude and excitement about building advanced investment systems
* Proficiency with Python, and bonus for Numpy, Pandas, PyTorch/Tensorflow
* Proficiency with SQL and Hive / Spark
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.