Rakuten Intelligence is looking for a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer to join our Classification Science team.
To create one of the world's richest commerce data sets and help deliver never-been-seen insights on customer purchase behavior, the Classification Science team is responsible for building systems to semantically classify and normalize billions of products across thousands of retailers. This includes building highly accurate machine learning models, engineering scalable systems, and incorporating crowdsourcing to have continuously improving human-in-the-loop systems. We leverage existing open source technologies and established machine learning approaches, but also innovate and research new techniques.
As a data scientist / machine learning engineer, you will spend a mix of your time researching new solutions for product classification as well as productionizing these solutions to make sure they work at scale. You will work with world-class data scientists who hold MS/PhD degrees from top global schools such as Stanford University, University of Washington, Carnegie Mellon University, and National Taiwan University, and veterans from companies such as Microsoft, AOL, Yahoo!, and Twitter.
Rakuten Intelligence was founded by proven entrepreneurs and, as a Rakuten group company, offers the best of both worlds: a startup environment with the backing of an established global enterprise that is revolutionizing the internet services landscape.
This position will be located in San Mateo or New York.
* Research and experiment with different machine learning algorithms and techniques for item classification, product recognition and matching, attribute extraction
* Conduct design and code reviews
* Productionize the developed Machine Learning solutions
* Work with engineers to make sure the engines scale well on high volumes of data
* MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
* 3+ years of industry experience in data science and machine learning preferred
* Expertise in Machine Learning
* Strong CS fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures
* Expertise in Python
* Proficiency with relational databases such as MySQL
* Experience with cloud computing stacks such as Amazon Web Services preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Enthusiasm for working hard and having fun in a dynamic environment
Who We Are:
Rakuten Intelligence is fundamentally changing the precision with which online services and e-commerce companies are measured, giving our clients the critical insights they need to quickly act on industry shifts and consumer buying preferences. In fact, over 200 of the world's most well-known brands, retailers, and investors rely upon Rakuten Intelligence to make smarter business decisions.
Empowering Rakuten's global community of members and merchants through amazing apps and the most robust e-commerce data.
* BOLD: When we go beyond what exists today or is accepted as possible, we create breakthrough products that deliver amazing benefits.
* SIMPLE: Solving hard problems is in our DNA. Eliminating complexity paves the road to clean thinking and decisive action that can move mountains.
* OPEN: Openness and transparency are critical for building trust. We are a community of curious people who are open to new ideas and fresh approaches to solving problems.
* ALL IN: When we are empowered, show up, and dig deep, our work is powerful and rewarding. We are committed, accountable, and take extreme ownership.
We offer a healthy and fun work environment:
* Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
* Free lunch at onsite cafeteria
* Various drinks and snacks
* Commuter benefits
* Adjustable sit/standing desks
* Fun company social and volunteer events
* Onsite fitness center