The Health and Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist in Bethesda, MD
* Provide artificial intelligence and data analytics support to NIH Assisted Referral Tool (ART)
* Develop a systemic classification system to characterize the science reviewed in NIH SRGs and SEPs
* Provide continued development of a platform that supports continuous evolution for increased accuracy and robustness of the recommendation.
* Develop and Standardized SQL scripts
* Develop a robust data validation methodology
* Curated dataset for analyses and upgrade
* Establish deviation standard and upgrade the scripts for accuracy
* Analyze variance and upgrade the software
Required Educational Qualifications:
* B.S. in computer science or equivalent. Master's degree in Bioinformatics or data science preferred.
* Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
* Experience with programming languages such as R, Python, Pearl, C++
* Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets, performing predictive analytics such as machine learning and data mining.
* Experience with the application of bioinformatics and statistical tools and the analysis
* Has the ability to utilize advance tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
* Experience with handling large data sets, generate predictive regression models (logistic and multivariate) and apply machine learning algorithm such as random forest, elastic net.
* Experience with developing machine learning algorithms for object detection and recognition, large-scale indexing and retrieval and multimedia understanding
* Excellent presentation and communication skills; Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical customers
* Experience with Cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure.
* Experience with various bioinformatics databases and tools.
* Previous experience working with NIH
* Strong knowledge of NIH grants management processes and systems
* Knowledge of NIH peer review process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.