* Bachelor's degree; Master's degree or 1-3 years of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
* 2-5 years of advanced analytics experience
* Deep familiarity with the analytics or actuarial market landscape and corresponding information needs; knowledge of the insurance industry a plus
* Very strong problem-solving skills, and quantitative/analytical thinking capabilities (including experience and familiarity doing multivariate predictive modeling and in analytics software such as SAS, SPSS, R, etc.)
* Proven record of leadership and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
* Willingness to travel 30% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Ingenuity team in in Waltham, MA. Ingenuity is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Ingenuity drives significant performance improvement for carriers, reinsurers, and brokers through a combination of advanced analytic capabilities, deep industry knowledge, extensive change management expertise, and the technology infrastructure to develop and host operational solutions. Ingenuity's analytical solutions span the entire insurance value chain including sales/distribution, underwriting/pricing, and claims.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for -and expands our investment in -our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will support all levels of analyses and model building for Ingenuity's clients, as well as the development of the solution itself.
You will own the solution methodology and IP, and you'll provide expertise to our consulting teams and clients. This allows you to facilitate implementation and product development. You'll also participate in defining the product roadmap and you'll manage product development in collaboration with our IT teams. You'll make sure any colleagues involved in solutions deployment are trained and certified to use or implement the solution.
Additionally, you'll participate in specific projects involving the building of new, bespoke advanced analytical solutions for clients. You will share the Solution Manager's responsibilities for financial and administrative management of the Solution (e.g., managing the P&L, budgeting) and preparation of the key business milestones (e.g., quarterly reviews).
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.