Airbnb has become a platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities around the globe. To power that community, Airbnb is building a world-class payments platform that currently supports over 190 countries, 70+ currencies, connects dozens of payment providers, and transmits billions of dollars per year.
Our goal? To empower people and communities to participate in our global marketplace and innovate on a future where payments can be completely transparent and simple, yet invisible and comfortable. As our platform grows, the payments team will be building a scalable foundation to support global scale, helping the company grow by bringing new markets and demographics to the platform, and enabling new business products to thrive by providing easy to use payment experience. Our data science team is working to provide the statistical insights and intelligent data products that will enable us to scale our platform and empower our entrepreneurs all around the world.
We are looking for a passionate data scientist to identify and execute scalable ways to improve our platform's payment experience and to bring a scientific approach to decision making. This data scientist will take a scientific approach to decision-making through careful hypothesis generation and testing and drive actions/refine strategies through insights from experimental analysis. Our Inference Data Scientists are deep in understanding the complications of running experiments in a two-sided marketplace, power analysis and stopping criterions, and statistical models to improve power/significance. Another interesting problem space is understanding what to do when we are unable to conduct experiments.
Examples of responsibilities we currently need help with:
* Define key metrics and their relationships to measure business success.
* Work with cross-functional partners to design and execute controlled experiments to quantify the effects of product changes.
* Develop methodologies to explore and exploit growth opportunities and build data products to optimize operational strategies in the payments sphere.
* Help our business partners understand metric trade-offs and drive influential decisions.
Meet the people, learn about the challenges, and read more about what we do at Payments here.
Qualifications we value:
An ideal candidate should possess a good balance of statistical/technical skills, business acumen, and communication skills. A driven individual who's keen to solve hard business problems is desired.
* A passion for Airbnb's mission of helping people Belong Anywhere
* 3+ years in industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field or Economics; PhD is a plus
* Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in R or Python
* Knowledge of statistics and a keen eye for detail
* Proficiency in SQL
* Solid understanding of product analytics & experimentation is a plus
* Thought leadership to tackle open ended questions or optimization problems
* Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
* Ability to partner with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication
* $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
* Competitive salary
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life & disability coverage
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.