About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we've been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that's a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners' food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
* Understand the business! Work directly with stakeholders to identify business issues and innovate and build solutions.
* Develop models from inception to deployment: extract data, select optimal features and algorithms, provide analytical insights and deploy your model into broad usability by the business.
* Be a stakeholder for our data science infrastructure and resources! Help guide and prioritize development of predictive models to enhance our capabilities.
* Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways for Grubhub to operate.
* Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our business by generating novel and insightful results.
You Should Have
* 2-5 years of experience applying statistics and machine learning to build predictive and inferential models and visualizations to solve real-world problems.
* M.Sc. or Ph.D. in statistics, mathematics, computer science or other quantitative field.
* Comfort communicating analytical findings to people of diverse backgrounds using statistical libraries and visualization tools.
* Excellent programming skills in Python both generally and for practicing data science, specifically.
* Strong data querying capabilities using SQL.
* Ability to distill complex technical concepts into insights the business can act upon for quick and effective results.
Got These? Even Better:
* Experience deploying regression, GLM, tree-based and Bayesian models with Python in a production environment.
* Experience with distributed data and computing tools like Spark, Hive and Presto.
* Experience using cloud infrastructure like AWS.
* Aptitude for curating and expanding data resources and usability.
And Of Course, Perks!
* Flexible PTO. It's true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
* PTO. It's true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
* Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
* Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
* Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they're granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we're all in it to win it.
* Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers - because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
GrubHub provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.