Are you excited and passionate about delivering advanced analytics that directly influence the Alexa user experience? Do you see yourself as a champion of innovating on behalf of the customer by turning data insights into action? Come join Alexa Data Services team as Data Scientist in forecasting and planning function.
Alexa and Echo are literally shaping the future of voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service and the brain that powers Echo. Alexa is the deep learning engine that answers questions, plays music, reads the news and more-instantly. Our goal is to deliver the absolute perfect communication experience to our customers. Alexa Data Services team enables Alexa deep learning by providing Ground-Truth data to the Alexa engine.
This role is part of Alexa Data Services team that is responsible for understanding the business needs and design targeted strategies that support Machine learning teams to discover the right data that will build better models. What is that you will do in this role? You will be building grounds up approach to forecast volumes required by modelling teams based on their requirement that will allow for correct staffing decisions (prevent over/under staffing). You will be leading the vision of building volume forecast model by partnering with business, program management, Alexa modeling teams, and business analysts on Alexa data services team to deliver end-user traffic forecast model, and Alexa machine learning volume forecast at granular grains of language, worktype, skill set, etc. to drive investment and hiring decisions . This role would include partnering with business teams across the Alexa organization for understanding requirements, defining internal programs to accurately build and improve forecast accuracy, optimize the volume requirements through DSI (Downstream impact), and partnering with technology teams to make this self-service over next 3 years. You will not only build demand forecasting vision but also the vision to integrate it upstream for modelling teams. This is critical role that not only supports building forecast but also ensures we use limited resources to deliver maximum value to internal teams to delight the end user of Alexa. We are seeking an organized, action-oriented, and experienced data scientist with a strong track record of taking on end-to-end ownership and delivering on large scale solutions in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Also, you will be a creative problem solver who is obsessed with delivering the best customer experience, as well as, a highly analytical, team-oriented individual with excellent communication skills. You will work with Alexa Machine Learning scientists to identify their business needs and transform them into building forecasting model. You will work with the capacity planning team to keep multiple projects on task, track and achieve operational goals, and plan team activities. You will be a face and voice for demand forecasting team and ensure all stakeholders are aware of successes, risks, and status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences and communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Design and Build the forecasting approach to establish modelling data needs in Voice Enabled Interface (AI) world of Alexa.
* Demand forecasting and volume (transactions) management across AI (Artificial Intelligence) channels - new model requirements, existing model improvements, model performance reporting, new feature or future device launches.
* Study, and understand the business requirements for feature/Intent/Device launches across multiple languages to establish mathematical models to represent the requirements and build forecast at various levels across multiple work channels.
* Responsible for building forecast models that provide an ongoing and timely forecast to capacity planning team, including rolling forecasts with business grain, variance analysis, business adjustments, and KPIs, and on-time delivery into 3-year plan.
* Drive both short term and long term volume forecasts into the planning exercise for investment decisions with finance and the leadership team. Create optimal short term plans for business by managing trade-offs between Customer Experience/Service Levels, Employee Experience, and Cost Effectiveness.
* Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and trade-offs against customer experience, and time to market. Also, create, enhance, and maintain technical documentation, and present to other scientists and business leaders.
* Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders: Exhibits excellent judgment, Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo), Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology, Is strongly oriented towards results, Thinks big.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.