The North American Consumables organization is seeking a Data Scientist to design, evangelize, and implement solutions to address complex, business questions using advanced statistical techniques, experimentation, and big data. You will work with economists, business leaders, and tech partners to conduct statistical analyses, develop data pipelines, build ML models, build tools to drive continuous experimentation, and provide recommendations based on data analyses. We are looking for creative thinkers who can combine a strong analytical toolkit with a desire to continue innovating, and who is able to execute and deliver on big ideas.
Consumables products are a part of every customer's life spanning diverse categories including: grocery beauty and cosmetics, household cleaning, over-the-counter medicine, health and wellness, baby care, etc. In this role, you will help Amazon identify ways to offer customers everyday Consumables products, while saving them time and mindshare. This role will be a key member of an interdisciplinary Analytics team working on long-term strategic decisions facing the Consumables organization. We are committed to leveraging the strengths of engineers and scientists to build solutions that will eventually scale across Amazon.
This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for someone who wants to have a business impact, dive-deep into a business and learn its ins and outs, and work closely with a diverse set of stakeholders. We are particularly interested in candidates with a passion for and experience in building ML models, acquiring and analyzing large amounts of data, working with tech partners, and communicating complex statistical techniques and implications to business leaders in an intuitive and simplified way.
Some of the key objectives for this role include:
* Designing an experimentation framework and evaluation methodology for measuring the impact of selection on short- and long-term business results.
* Optimizing selection to improve the customer experience.
* Helping to build production systems that take inputs from multiple models and data sources to develop a scalable, iterative and continuous experimentation system.
* Utilizing Amazon systems and tools to effectively work with large amounts of data.
* Apply statistical and machine learning methods to solve business problems.
* Use analytical insights to help increase teams' effectiveness against key strategic goals.
* Deal with ambiguity, conduct deep dive analyses on business problems, and formulate conclusions.
* Acquire, understand, and analyze large and complex datasets.
* Be familiar with AWS resources and know how and when to use them.
* Work closely with the SDEs and economists to drive model/solution development, improve data quality, validate models, and run A/B tests.
* Communicate with and influence customers and senior management.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.