Dovel Technologies, LLC provides leading edge software and application development services specializing in mission driven solutions that address complex business processes and technology challenges. We practice CMMI ML3 processes and delivery solutions and are an innovative mission oriented technology company focused on complex business and technical challenges, ensuring solutions support the achievement of your mission. Our team creates software solutions that help customers communicate, access, and store mission critical information. Dovel is instrumental in the design and implementation of some of the most mission critical and innovative systems in government today.
Are you excited at the prospect of working with cutting edge technologies? In an increasingly connected world, channeling massive amounts data to the right person at the right time opens up new opportunities. As a Data Scientist you can work with a dynamic team to develop innovated solutions to solve national and global challenges that our customers face in the federal and private space. Work location is remote for this position and as needed Dovel HQ (McLean, VA) and onsite client (Silver Spring, VA).
* Participate in project meetings with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs
* Analyze legacy data systems, entity relationships and system interfaces to detect data patterns, anomalies and trends to develop business requirements
* Develop algorithms, scripts, predictive analytics; use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn disparate data sets into comprehensive information
* Build and implement predictive models using different multiple machine learning (ML), robotic processing automation(RPA) and natural language processing(NLP) algorithms (linear and logistic regression, time series forecasting, decision trees, survivability analysis, etc.), to develop artificial intelligence (AI) workflows
* Develop and generate data queries for data extractions and or transformations
* Analyze and develop data conversion/migration mapping logic
* Assist with query optimization and troubleshooting of database related issues. Work closely with DBA and Development teams to optimized SQL code
* Create & maintain technical documentation including analytical design and approaches diagrams, data transformations, data migration mapping and data summations.
* Participate in team agile tasks and sessions such as unit testing, story estimation, sprint planning and retrospectives.
* Generate data views and reports to support end users visualize results and conduct self-directed analysis; leverage presentation expertise, to present complex information to non-technical audiences
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or a related field preferred or the equivalent
* 4+ Years of job-related experience with Oracle (12c) and other database tools
* Experience in AI and cloud data analytics tool (i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure Services)
* Proficient programming, create and modify SQL queries
* Experience with, data mining, optimization, statistics, and graph-based algorithms (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau) ; R and Python a plus.
* Experience with data conversion/migration and automated process scripting on medium to large scale projects
* Experience with translating design mockups to develop rich report visualizations
* Create custom models and data analysis for client's numerous use cases such as lead scoring, targeted segmentation, numerical projection with linear regression, A/B campaign conversion attribution, etc.
* Extract, examine, clean and transform Big Data in order to facilitate data analysis
* Perform all elements of data analysis including: using SQL to query and join large datasets, cleaning and structuring data for analysis, analyzing data to find patterns and trends, and visualizing and communicating data to relevant stakeholders
* to create process improvements and realize efficiencies
* Technologies needed: Cloud technologies: A, Appian, Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP),
* Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC)
* Strong communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
* FDA or HHS regulatory domain experience desirable
Dovel Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled