At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Team
The Fares Data Science team works on a diverse set of challenging and impactful problems. This includes making sure upfront pricing (UFP) estimation is as accurate as possible to ensure riders get charged fairly and drivers get paid properly; understanding fallback scenarios where UFP is not honored and then come up with insights & solutions to solve pain points and gain trust & understanding from riders and drivers
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
Use your quantitative skill set, obsession and empathy towards customers, "be your own CEO" attitude, collaborative spirit to work closely with Products, Ops, Engineering, and other Data Scientists to drive the Fares roadmap forward, to provide data driven insights to improve our products, to find new opportunities to take our products to next level.
What You'll Need
* Have a growth mindset; love solving ambiguous, challenging and impactful problems;
* Experience in one (or more) of the fields of statistics, machine learning, design of experiments, operation research
* Proficient in using Python/R/SQL to wrangle with data and build machine learning models
* Experience leveraging GitHub to track, share, document your code
* Nice to have expanded knowledge in areas of causal inference, deep neural network, etc.
* Great teamwork spirit
* Great communication
* Self-driven and a lifelong learner
* A great sense of responsibility
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.