The Marlin Alliance Inc. is seeking a Data Scientist to work with large data sets to find opportunities for optimization using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Knowledge and experience in data mining/analysis methods, data tools, building and implementing models, creating algorithms and running simulations is desired. Anticipated travel is minimal (<5%). Salary is commensurate with experience. Candidate must have a Secret clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive performance improvement.
* Mine and analyze data to drive optimization of business strategies and mission performance.
* Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
* Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
* Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences and other business outcomes.
* Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and monitor outcomes.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
* Active DoD Secret security clearance.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex results into a format that is easy to comprehend by key stakeholders.
* Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
* Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.)
* Knowledge of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
* Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
* Application of advanced statistical techniques and concepts.
* Bachelors degree in a relevant field (mathematics, statistics, computer science, data analytics, engineering, etc.).
* Familiarity with Navy or other Department of Defense agencies.
Work Environment and Mental/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
* Typical office environment with no unusual hazards.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Constant sitting while using the computer terminal.
* Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents.
* Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication.
* Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching may be required.
* Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
* Constant use of mental alertness.
* Frequent work under deadlines.
Established in 2002, The Marlin Alliance, Inc. a woman-owned small business provides business transformation consulting, professional services, and technical support to government, military, healthcare, telecommunications, and utility industry clients.