EverQuote seeks a Data Scientist to work cross functionally to help stakeholders in the Traffic organization to convert business problems into business solutions using Data and Math, leveraging their knowledge of Machine Learning, business sense, and programming. Typically, we work on problems of experimental design, prediction, and anomaly detection.
* Identify, design, build, and operationalize analytics-based solutions to business problems.
* Build your own prototypes for potential data products, and work in tandem with our ML Engineering team to productionize them
* Train stakeholders on newly developed data products, ensuring these completed solutions can be fully owned by stakeholders for daily operations and first level issue debug.
* Help analysts within the organization improve their ability to look at data and derive insights from it
* 3+ years experience in a Data Science or Analytics role
* Algorithm development skills (Prediction, Experimental Design, with a bonus for Reinforcement Learning and Time Series methods) in a common language used for Data Science (e.g. Python, R, etc)
* A strong statistical foundation, and comfortable with concepts like significance, bias, etc
* A strong ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and gain stakeholder buy-in on data products
* The ability to work cross-functionally with Engineering, Analytics, and non-technical teams
* The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and project manage your own efforts, including task sizing and communication on progress
* A continuous desire to be learning
* We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
* We recently completed our IPO and are looking for the next generation of leaders to push us forward as a public company
* Even as we've become a public company, we're committed to maintaining our "startup feel," (but with none of that startup anxiety)
* We employ completely data-driven decision-making
* We encourage creative thinking, independent responsibilities for business results & team collaboration
* Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
* We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock, and a relaxed & flexible work environment
* We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
The Largest Online Auto Insurance Marketplace in the U.S. Everquote filed for an IPO on June 18th, 2018 to raise $75M by offering 4.7 million shares at a price range of $15 to $17, at an approximate valuation of $471M.