We are seeking a Data Scientist who will lead and support the core data science capabilities within Dow Jones. This new function's mission is to develop data science solutions across the company's core products including the Consumer, Advertising, and Professional Information Business. This role will focus on developing scientific approaches to execute large scale data projects and advanced analytics for various business units across the company.
* Develop scalable solutions using state-of-the-art machine learning models
* Draw meaningful insights from large datasets, define key metrics to track performance, and develop actionable solutions to tackle business problems
* Use the Dow Jones terabyte-scale data lake to identify opportunities to enhance an understanding of the Dow Jones customer base and content consumption
* Use visualization tools to present complex model and business insights in a simple, engaging manner for business stakeholders
* Work closely with engineers to develop and deploy scalable machine learning applications
* Identify opportunities for new data projects. Ask smart questions, diagnose the real problem, and develop a long-term solution
* Undergraduate or Graduate degree preferred with a major in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or related STEM major
* At least 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a digital domain
* Experience in productionising machine-learning models
* Programming experience with either Python or R, plus one other general purpose programming language such as Java or C/C++ SQL & relational database experience a must, experience with noSQL, Big Data stack preferred
* Strong foundation in inferential statistics and machine learning algorithms
* Experience in visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
* Strong capacity to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
* Ability to translate data and insight into a value-driving business plan
* Experience with off-the-shelf models from AWS, GCP and Natural Language Processing is desired
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: STRATEGY - KNOWLEDGE UNIT
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16005
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a news and business information provider that delivers content to consumers and organizations via newspapers and more.