ABOUT THE ROLE:
Decision Scientists draw on a combination of quantitative methods and product intuition to find actionable insights that drive key product decisions at Udemy, answering questions such as: what makes a course great? are ratings a reliable signal of course quality in a two-sided marketplace? how should courses be priced to reflect their value? what are the drivers of long-term customer satisfaction? what bottlenecks exist in the course creation process?
As a Decision Scientist at Udemy, you'll be partnering with business leaders, product managers, marketers, designers, and engineers to identify, scope, and execute on data-driven analyses to inform product and marketing decisions. Success in this role requires a combination of product and business intuition, broad knowledge of statistical methods, practical data analysis experience, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
Here's what you'll be doing:
* Collaborating with stakeholders to inform product and business direction
* Proactively influencing prioritization through data-driven insights
* Providing technical mentorship for other team members
* Designing and analyze experiments and conduct ad hoc analyses
* Defining metrics and build dashboards to track product and business health
* Continuously improving the quality and accessibility of data
* Building Udemy's technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications
We're excited about you because you have:
* 1+ years of hands-on industry experience in a decision science context
* Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
* Strong knowledge of applied statistics and experimental design
* Proficiency with SQL and 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Udemy operates as a marketplace for teaching and learning.