QRC is actively seeking a Data Scientist to use analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets to develop data-driven solutions for current and emerging products. The candidate should be prepared to quickly learn an existing product, understand the produced data, and to continually enhance and support the product over its lifetime. Data scientists have a wide range of technical competencies including: statistics and machine learning, coding languages, databases, machine learning, and reporting technologies. The successful candidate will be required to work very closely with software and systems engineers in a small-team environment.
Responsibilities of this position include the analysis and interpretation of data sets, implementation of data visualizations, implementation of data models, and the integration of models and visualizations into software components and GUI. Additionally, the development of light-weight design documentation is required.
The successful candidate will possess strong communications skills, a "can-do" positive attitude, the capacity for self-direction, a compulsive respect for deadlines, a creative imagination, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. An active US government security clearance is a strong plus. Minimally, the candidate must be able to obtain a clearance when sponsored by QRC.
* Candidate should have at least 0-2 years of data analytics, application design, implementation, and unit testing experience on Linux/Unix platforms, including GUI development.
* Proficiency with software design methodologies (OOD, OOP), multithreading, synchronization, and blocking mechanisms is a must.
* Knowledge of Python and Python based data science / DSP oriented libraries (e.g. Pandas, numpy, scipy, numba and cupy) is preferred.
* Knowledge of C++, Linux/Unix system APIs, compilers, GNU make, and other build tools is preferable.
* A strong mathematical background is preferred.
* Previous experience producing products rapidly in a small team environment is highly desired.
* It is preferred that the candidate should have some practical experience with the following technologies: high-performance data streaming, software defined radio, embedded computer architectures and GPU programming techniques (CUDA).
* Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
EDUCATION: BSEE/BSCS or Equivalent, MSEE/MSCS preferred.
Data Science related course work / certificates are preferred.
QRC Technologies (QRC) specializes in development and manufacture of RF Test and Measurement products. QRC develops and produces survey tools for cellular communication systems, phone-based measurement, stimulation tools, forensic tools, and integrated RF recording and playback equipment.
QRC was founded in 1987 and has been serving as a systems integrator since its inception, and in the last decade has expanded with a portfolio of RF Test and Measurement products. The company has over 100 employees in multiple locations, including Gaithersburg, MD, and the world headquarters located in Fredericksburg, VA. QRC tools cover CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, EvDO, WiMAX, LTE, and WIFI protocols.
Some benefits of working at QRC include:
* Very Competitive Compensation
* Flexible working schedule and hours
* Great working culture (low bureaucracy, great teammates)
* 20 Days Paid Time Off and 10 Federal Holidays
* Immediately Eligible for Medical and Dental Coverage
* 401(k) plan with Employer Match
* 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance
QRC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.