Data ScientistFacebook Reality Labs | Redmond, WA
Understanding our users is a crucial part of our mission of creating the future of AR/VR technology. As a Data Scientist at Facebook Reality Labs in Redmond, WA, you'll be tackling the most exciting challenges of informing the direction of AR/VR's future with the insights driven from analyzing and understanding user data.
Your work will take advantage of collaborating with cross-organizational teams at various parts of Facebook, exploring and experimenting with user data. You will work with UX researchers, designers, and research scientists to inform the core questions to investigate. You will be responsible for defining and executing complex data investigation projects; including identifying relevant data from existing sources, proposing new data collection schemes, and analyzing, driving insights and constructing predictive models and algorithms.
* Work independently to design, prototype, and implement complex exploratory analyses
* Partner with relevant data science and machine learning teams within Facebook to uncover and analyze data relevant to informing the direction of AR/VR's future
* Plan, and be able to conduct as needed, end-to-end analyses, from data requirement gathering, to data processing and modeling
* Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to support decisions on future research directions
* 2+ years of experience in extracting and manipulating large datasets
* 2+ years of experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data
* 2+ years experience with applied statistics or data analysis
* Experience in programming for data science applications in R, Python, Julia, etc.
* Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, operations research, computer science, computational social science, information sciences, quantitative psychology or related field
* Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
* Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop/Spark)
* Experience in working with large-scale user behavior data in an industry setting
* Experience with applying modern machine learning techniques and/or collaborating with ML scientist
* Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration