The Compliance Data Scientist will utilize various data sets to perform value added analytics identifying compliance trends and providing insights into emerging areas of risk. The candidate will create dashboards and reports and be able to clearly communicate the results to OEC an business stakeholders. In addition, the Compliance Data Scientist will be able to improve the compliance infrastructure by partnering with stakeholders to identify and integrate additional data sets and improve related processes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Work closely within the OEC and other cross-functional partners and internal stakeholders (including Finance, Operations, Commercial, Medical, and others) to ensure that analytics are appropriately deployed to support an integrated, risk-based enterprise-wide approach to compliance monitoring;
* Develop and execute on analytically-driven monitoring work programs, designed to identify emerging compliance risks;
* Partner with other functions across the to drive improvement of the compliance program while achieving operational agility;
* Communicate the results of analytics activities (in written and verbal form) in a simple, user-friendly, and intuitive way -- while technical skills and experience are required, the ability to communicate / translate information in a non-technical manner is critical;
* Support the design and development of the OEC's data and analytics infrastructure to ensure that it is sufficiently flexible, sustainable, and scalable;
* Support global initiatives that involve or impact compliance analytics activities, including advising on new systems, policies, or procedures; and
* Understand (and/or quickly establish expertise in) the nuanced risks -- both existing and emerging -- within the healthcare compliance space.
* Degree in computer science, engineering, statistics or applied math
* 4+years of relevant analytics experience
* Proven capabilities, including relevant analytics experience in the areas of compliance / risk-mitigation / business / audit
* Experience in modeling structured and unstructured data
* Strong understanding of statistical modeling and data analytic methodologies
* Data science / programming skills (Python) and experience using business intelligence tools
* A strong understanding of Excel, PowerPoint, and Qlik is a must; experience using Data3sixty (Lavastorm) preferred
* Innovative thinker with strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
* Superior project management skills, with the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments, and effectively lead project teams within a complex business and organizational environment
* Self-motivated and able to operate independently and as part of a team
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Able to effectively interface across functions; A genuine interest in solving complex business challenges.
* AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
* Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
* Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.