As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry's largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses.We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media.
Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach.
Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
The role of a Data Scientist is to study data and develops and programs integrated software algorithms to structure, analyze and leverage data in product and systems applications in both structured and unstructured environments. The Data Scientist develops and communicates descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive insights/algorithms. Uses machine learning and statistical modeling techniques such as GBM , SVM , decision trees, logistic regression, Bayesian analysis and others to develop and evaluate algorithms to improve product/system performance, quality, data management and accuracy Additionally, the Data Scientist will link data and information together in new innovative ways to deliver business insights to our clients.
The work includes the creation of both prototype "proof of concept" demos to prove out specific technologies and algorithms as well as more robust systems than can be put into production. You will be exposed to some of the data challenges that teams at Argus and the Data Scientist will be expected to contribute to ideas for solving these problems as well as implementing these solutions. The ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment and the ability to work both autonomously and in a team are required for this role. Qualified candidates will also have a strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data in addition to the ability to abstract model representations across very different industries and formulate repeatable models. We also require that candidate have the business skills to understand problems and build the algorithms necessary find answers to complex problems.
* Manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
* Perform analyses and develop interactive guided analytical dashboards
* Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
* Bachelor or advanced degree in statistics, applied math, engineering, mathematics, data science, computer science
* Strong skills in R or Python; proficiency in SQL
* Strong programming capability; able to solve problems through programming and simulation
* Expertise in one of the following:
* Building and applying machine learning/predictive modeling in real-world use cases
* Large scale mathematical programming/operations research problems
* Large scale optimization employing meta heuristics
* Strong statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling, or machine learning skills
* Exposure to big data systems and methodologies is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics is a data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, healthcare, financial services, government, and risk management.