Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant's mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
What you do at Avant:
* Work with stakeholders throughout the company to identify opportunities for leveraging company data and third-party vendor data to drive business solutions
* Use predictive models to increase and optimize customer experience, revenue generation, direct mail targeting, fraud detection and other business outcomes
* Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
* Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for modeling and analysis
* Develop machine learning models, select features, build and optimize classifiers using various machine learning techniques
* Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner to Sr. Management
* Coordinate with other functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
* Develop and enhance processes and tools to monitor model performance and input data accuracy
Why you are a fit for Avant:
* Bachelor's Degree in statistics, machine learning, computer science, econometrics, or other quantitative field
* Prior experience in statistics and machine learning modeling techniques through coursework or professional experience
* Expertise in at least one statistical programming language such as R or Python
* Professional experience with relational databases such as Oracle, PostgresSQL, SQL Serve
* Master's Degree or PhD in statistics, machine learning, computer science, econometrics, or other quantitative field
* Proven ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Expertise in machine learning theories and practices, including regression models, GLM, SVM and tree based models (e.g. Boosting, Random Forest)
* Familiar with Object-Oriented Design (OOD) concept and functional programming
* Prior experience in risk, marketing, or loss forecasting modeling
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an online platform and a provider of credit alternatives to middle income consumers.