Join the Data Analytics team, where you will bring your machine learning, advanced analytics, and applied research skills to bear on solving problems of critical national importance. MITRE's diverse work program provides opportunities to apply your expertise and creative thinking in challenging domains such as healthcare, transportation, and national security. Employees may also participate in MITRE's internal research and development program, which provides funding for innovative applied research that addresses our sponsors' hardest problems.
The successful candidate for this position is an experienced data scientist who combines a solid theoretical and technical background with the ability to formulate problems, develop and evaluate solutions, and communicate results. Experience with advanced analytic techniques and methods (e.g., supervised and unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, data visualization) as well as hands-on software development skills are a must.
Our organization values innovation and lifelong learning and believes that in today's fast-paced technological environment keeping up with the latest research and technologies is an essential part of working in this field.
* Apply a variety of analytical techniques to solve customer challenges to include data mining, statistical models, predictive analytics, optimization, risk analysis, and data visualization
* Perform original research, development, test and evaluation, and demonstration of advanced analytic capabilities
* Build and test prototypes in MITRE, government labs, and commercial cloud environments
* Perform independent reviews of contractor proposed architectures, designs and products
* Apply state of the art techniques, using multiple programming languages and development environments and open source code to drive advances in mission capabilities
Must be a US Citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a DoD Clearance
* Bachelor's degree in data science or a related field (e.g. computer science, statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics, physics, economics, operations research)
* Experience conducting original research using data science techniques, including machine learning, deep learning, statistical modeling, and data visualization
* Passion for working with data and solving real-world business problems or creatively advancing business operations
* Strong technical writing and presentation skills
* Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative teaming environment
Preference given to candidates with current DoD clearance.
* PhD in data science or a related field (e.g. computer science, statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics, physics, economics, operations research)
* Demonstrated technical leadership
* Knowledge of Cloud Computing technologies, particularly in the AWS environment
* Understanding of Big Data tools (e.g. NoSQL, Spark, Hadoop, ElasticSearch)