We're looking for Data Scientists to work on measuring, detecting, reducing, and preventing negative experiences such as Hate Speech and Fake News in order to ensure that Facebook is a safe and welcoming community.
* The Data Scientist, Analytics (Integrity) role has work across the following four areas:
* Working in Hadoop and Hive primarily, sometimes MySQL, Oracle, and Vertica
Automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
* Forecasting and setting product team goals
Designing and evaluating experiments
Monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
Evaluating and defining metrics
* Proposing what to build in the next roadmap
Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
* Influencing product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
Communicating state of business, experiment results, etc. to product teams
Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
* 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
Experience in SQL or other programming languages
Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
Experience communicating the results of analyses
Knowledge of statistical analysis
* Experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
Experience with an Internet-based company
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook is a company providing an online social networking service.