Amazon Product Imaging builds the world's best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, AR/VR, 3D and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, India and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
As a Data Scientist, you'll be helping drive business across multiple geographies by data mining, testing, analyzing and transforming data into actionable insights. You'll own aspects of the data creation and management, data pre-processing, modeling and inference considerations. You will also be involved in our efforts to develop and mature a scalable program to test and learn various imaging innovation and impact of product images on customer experience, sales, and production efficiency. Your analyses and experiments will drive future direction of imaging: how we showcase our products that is most informative to customers while striving production efficiency.
The ideal candidate has outstanding business acumen, excellent analytical abilities, a strong automation and solution oriented thought process and intense curiosity. The candidate will have a strong bias towards data-driven decision-making and will be comfortable with ambiguity while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
* Identifying, developing and executing data analysis to uncover areas of business opportunity.
* Presenting written recommendations and insights to key stakeholders that will help shape effective Imaging strategies worldwide.
* Design and execute analyses and data mining by utilizing available analysis tools, interpret the results and develop recommendations and actionable steps based on the learning.
* Shaping and informing key metrics and indicators by which Imaging will assess its performance.
* Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when and which data sources to use.
* Deep dive into massive data sets to answer key business questions.
* Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project. management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling and problem solving.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.