Two positions Available
If you have a deep passion for data and security, love handling massive data sets, and get excited from solving hard problems, Akamai is the place for you. We are seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist who will work with Engineering and Product Management teams to quickly resolve highly technical, complex issues, and advocate for real-world customer use cases, features, and functionality. You will apply your practical analytical skills and your experience with statistical analysis to derive actionable insights from large volumes of data.
Join a fast-paced team in Akamai's Security Unit charged with protecting the largest brands against the unpredictable landscape of evolving botnets and malware. Bad actors might build massive botnets or new automated attack systems; you'll help dismantle and cripple them in real, internet time.
* Investigate the most sophisticated bots from across the Akamai customer base
* On-going monitoring and measurement of the effectiveness of bot detection algorithms
* Build tools for automated analysis
* Research, keep abreast of current malware, botnets, or other automated agent trends and provide insights for further product enhancements
About the Team
The web security team is focused on leveraging Akamai's core strengths of its highly distributed cloud-based platform that already serves up to 30% of the traffic on the web and the massive amount of HTTP data it has access to as a result to define industry leading web security products that provide rapid visibility and control for protection against constantly changing attack profiles.
Applicants must meet the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Data Science or relevant subject or its equivalent or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Data Science or relevant subject
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Data Science or relevant subject
* 3 years experience with statistics and/or Data Science algorithms/techniques
* 3 years experience with data structures, algorithms and programming techniques
* 3 years experience working with programming languages and big data environments, specifically, Python, SQL, Unix.
* Passion for solving challenging analytical problems
* Ability to work productively with team members, identify and resolve tough issues in a collaborative manner
* Previous research experience in Machine Learning, specifically anomaly detection and data mining
* Understanding of Web Application security, specifically topics such as SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, CSRF and so forth
* Fraud modeling experience
* Bot detection experience
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.