Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in their journey to wellness and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether its running the Inca Trail Marathon or playing tackle football with their grandkids? Aetnas Analytics & Behavior Change is focused on delivering strategically-impactful programs and tools to help members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
This role participates in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools. Solves moderately complex analytical problems.
* Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
* Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms.
* Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex business problems. utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
* Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
* Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions.
* Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
* Explores existing data and recommends additional sources of data for improvements.
* Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
* 3 years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
* Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
* Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of data modeling, machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization.
* Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
* Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills. Able to present information to various audiences.
Bachelors degree, Master degree desired
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.