Req #: 18384
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Category: Data Science
* We work on medium-term machine learning projects (4-8 months) with a high degree of autonomy.
* We are not external facing. We harness the subject matter expertise of other Crowe teams to build machine learning products.
* We write and review code for training, testing and deploying machine learning models.
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
* Programming experience. Your job will require you to code - we write Python and R, so experience in these languages is preferred.
* Machine learning experience. You enjoy machine learning. You have gone deeper than reading blog posts, ideally having several example machine learning projects you can speak to within industry, academia, or your free time.
* Capacity for autonomy. You will not have to hit the ground running on day one, but you will have to manage your time between research, model development, and model deployment.
* Strong communication skills. You can both dive deep in machine learning and explain concepts to a non-technical audience.
* Hackiness. You like to code and have interest in learning new technologies. Using git and Docker as regular parts of your workflow sounds exciting.
* Curiosity about machine learning. You want to stay fresh in machine learning. You are not afraid to take a stab at deep learning papers before they become blog posts (even if you don't have experience in it quite yet).
About Crowe Data Science
Everything we do is about making the future of human work more purposeful. We do this by leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning, modern architectures, and industry experts, to create AI-powered software-as-a-service.
Our world-class Data Science professionals give Crowe the ability to capture and harness the power of data. A combination of data scientists and machine learning engineers create and deploy AI functionality into software to solve complex problems. This type of group, rarely seen anywhere except large tech companies, focuses on building scalable AI products, not just one-time insights. You will learn and build on a wide range of technologies - distinguishing Crowe in the market and driving the firm's technology and innovation strategy.
The future is powered by AI, come build it with us!
About the Team:
* We believe machine learning is software. While we know our way around Jupyter notebooks and ggplot2, they are not the end of our machine learning pipelines. Our team uses modern frameworks and tools (git, Docker, Kubernetes) to engineer machine learning solutions.
* We foster good science. You are given the time and resources you need to build your expertise in your project, and you will guide fellow data scientists and other Crowe staff through your work.
* We want to make good scientists better. Data scientists have plenty of options on the job market. We want to be one of the best ones. We have a journal club that meets weekly, regular opportunities for team members to teach each other, support for conferences, and recurring reading groups. Moreover, our team offers generous PTO, a flexible work from home policy, and a strong commitment to work-life balance. Company-wide, Crowe routinely wins awards for our support of our staff, including our Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package.
Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you.
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper.
More about Crowe:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.