Azure Storage is a leading cloud service managing cloud scale data. We are looking for highly motivated machine learning experts to use insights from our production telemetry and build cutting edge algorithms based on clustering, anomaly detection, forecasting, deep learning and other advanced statistical techniques to push the limits on various system level decisions we take to balance and optimize load and latency.
We are looking for data scientists who are passionate about data and want to apply machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems at cloud scale.
You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources in both batch and streaming modes to do near real time and offline processing.
* A BS or MS degree in a data-related discipline
* 2+ years experience in a data-driven role
* PhD in a data-related discipline
* Previous experience as a Project Leader or Lead Scientist for data-driven projects or demonstrated potential from other leadership roles to assume such a role.
* Demonstrated knowledge of data services and/or previous research experience involving extensive use of such services
* Ability to engage and build relationships across a range of stakeholder groups and technical project teams
* The ability to work effectively as a member and leader of a regionally dispersed project team to provide the high level
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Collaborate with end customer and Microsoft internal cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs.
* Formulate a roadmap of project activity that leads to measurable improvement in business performance metrics/key performance indicators (KPIs) over time.
* Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
* Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.