Have you watched Game of Thrones on www.hbo.com or live broadcasting of FIFA World Cup on www.espn.com? If the answer is yes, you have already used Conviva technologies.
Conviva is the real-time measurement and intelligence platform for the streaming TV. Conviva offers a linear TV scale performance with a view into over 20 billion streaming hours and more than 3 billion unique devices a year from 180 countries, Conviva has the largest, multi-publisher, global OTT streaming video continuous measurement census available, processing 1 trillion events per day across over 200 global brands. We see almost 60% of the Internet population and measure 7 out of the top 10 SVOD providers in the US, as well as many tier one global streaming TV providers across the globe. Our customers use Conviva's continuous measurement sensor and Video AI Platform cloud service to gain a real-time, unified view of their video delivery ecosystem and consumer viewing experience across all their devices and video applications.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to take responsibility for managing our global data set, developing and automating data pipelines, and applying data-driven approach to drive more business opportunities. The person will interact regularly with engineering, product, sales and other team members, and also bring best practices on both technical and strategic aspects.
What you get to do every day
* Use and develop data mining tools and portals for analysis and reporting of online video streaming statistics
* Implement data products for customer-facing functions and features with other engineering team members
* Interpret analytical insight of statistical data with the appropriate business context and provide guidance to business decisions
* Design and implement robust product data pipelines for online and batch learning processes
* Establish ongoing reports to continually measure performance
* Analyze time-series datasets and provide insights to design data-driven learning and optimization processes
What you bring to the role
* MS / PhD preferred in Math, Statistics, or related field
* Minimum of 2+ years of industry experience in data science areas
* Hands-on expertise in applied machine learning and mining large data sets
* Previous experience in the design, implementation, deployment and optimization / support of machine learning product features
* Strong practical experience with Statistics
* Familiarity with programming skills or big data techniques in one or more of the following: SQL, Java, Python, Hive / Hadoop, Scala, Spark
* Data analysis using R, MLlib, or other BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Superset)
* Experience with commercial deep learning models preferred such as TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, MXNet and others
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced start-up environment
Conviva powers every internet-connected screen with the most engaging viewing experiences imaginable by elevating the way OTT businesses use data-driven intelligence. For years, HBO, Sky, ESPN and the like have been using the Conviva Platform to enlighten, reveal and inform with important insights around consumer in-screen viewing experience allowing them to connect those metrics to important business outcomes. This allows customers to not only maximize subscriber retention and growth but also understand content and viewing trends so that they can deliver more personalized viewing experiences. We make engagement a data-driven outcome based on actionable quality of experience (QoE) analytics. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com