The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking to acquire highly qualified cross-functional Data Scientists and developers. The Transformation Data Science Services (TDSS) II team will be part of an ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team-based Development and Operations (DevOps) approach to deliver business value (the performance measurements, Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) are established in Operational Requirements Document (ORD)) frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The TDSS II teams shall provide Data Analytics Services within the DevOps framework; perform analysis of the USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS) and related data for forecasting and system growth analysis. This analysis is intended to support data-driven decision-making, as well as development of automated dashboards and tools, which provide analytic insight to ELIS program.
* Creating and maintaining Data Lakes and Data Warehouses.
* Data modeling and modifying database schema design as needed.
* Building data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems
* Integrating, consolidating and cleansing data, and structuring it for use in individual analytics applications
* Perform the full data lifecycle areas of: data ingestion, data aggregation, data correlation and visualization, analytics.
* Actively engage with end users to understand data-intensive challenges and needs and ensure development enables high performance movement, storage, aggregation, visualization and analytics over datasets from disparate sources.
* Utilize the ELIS roadmap to conduct an exploratory statistical analysis for each ELIS line of business.
* Translate business requirements into technical requirements.
* Extract, transform and load (ETL) structured and unstructured data into Databricks Unified Analytics Platform.
* Work with data scientists to perform analytics in Databricks Unified Analytics Platform, and version control machine learning models and reports in GitHub.
* Comply with ELIS DevOps development, testing, and standard operational procedures (SOP).
* Collaborate with other vendors, stakeholders, and government employees to collect data needed to aid decision-making.
* Maintain good configuration and data management methods.
* Use DHS USCIS approved methods and tools.
At least a bachelors degree and 9 years of experience. Must have resided in the US at least three of the last five years. Should have experience working with teams in a data DevOps environment. Preferred experience with BI Analytics Dashboards using Tableau. Ability and experience assessing business objectives, conducting gap analysis of existing versus needed capability, and identifying business requirements. Experience evaluating business requirements to identify potential software, hardware, and system architectures can be employed to meet business objectives. Experience developing potential technical solutions to meet business needs and support analysis of alternatives for best fit. Experience evaluating technical trends and provide recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives. Experience performing research on emerging technologies to support proof-of-concept (POC) capabilities and identify future solutions for the organization.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability