The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking to acquire highly qualified cross-functional Data Scientists and developers. The Transformation Data Science Services (TDSS) II team will be part of an ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team-based Development and Operations (DevOps) approach to deliver business value (the performance measurements, Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) are established in Operational Requirements Document (ORD)) frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The TDSS II teams shall provide Data Analytics Services within the DevOps framework; perform analysis of the USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS) and related data for forecasting and system growth analysis. This analysis is intended to support data-driven decision-making, as well as development of automated dashboards and tools, which provide analytic insight to ELIS program.
* Translate business requirements into technical requirements.
* Utilize the ELIS roadmap to conduct an exploratory statistical analysis for each ELIS line of business.
* Conduct ELIS data analysis to measure efficiency and effectiveness of new ELIS functionality.
* Apply an analytics-driven approach, including machine learning, to surface unusual patterns or behaviors during case processing.
* Define sensible metrics to build descriptive, predictive and prescriptive models.
* Extract, transform and load (ETL) structured and unstructured data into Databricks Unified Analytics Platform.
* Perform analytics in Databricks Unified Analytics Platform.
* Store methods that are employed for the Statistical Data Analysis and Reporting along with each analysis in GitHub.
* Develop and sustain Program Dashboard with Tableau and open source tools.
* Comply with ELIS DevOps development, testing, and standard operational procedures (SOP).
* Collaborate with other vendors, stakeholders, and government employees to collect data needed to aid decision-making.
* Maintain good configuration and data management methods.
* Use DHS USCIS approved methods and tools.
* Bachelors with 9+ years of experience in data science or a related field (computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, mathematics, physics, engineering), or Masters with 7+ years, or PhD with 4+ years of experience.
* 9+ years of relevant experience manipulating data from disparate data sources, building machine learning and deep learning models.
* Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
* Experience with the data science lifecycle, and the Agile methodology.
* Experience applying data science techniques, including machine learning, deep learning, statistical modeling and/or data visualization to solve challenging business problems.
* Experience with model development and deployment in a cloud environment (AWS preferred).
* Strong technical documentation and presentation skills.
* Experience with SQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL).
* Experience in Databricks products, or extensive experience in Apache Spark.
* Experience in BI and open-source data visualization tools to create and enhance interactive dashboards.
* Experience providing potential technical solutions to meet business needs and supporting analysis of alternatives for best fit.
* Experience in providing research on emerging technologies to support proof-of-concept (POC) capabilities and identify future solutions for the organization.
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be able obtain and maintain Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability