With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
Our innovative products and services touch virtually every aspect of daily life and are used in hospitals, hotels, restaurants, schools, manufacturing plants, refineries and other locations throughout the world. Many of the world's most recognizable brands rely on Ecolab to help ensure operational efficiencies, product integrity and brand reputation.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges - and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com. Follow us on Twitter @ecolab, Facebook at facebook.com/ecolab, LinkedIn at Ecolab or Instagram at Ecolab Inc.
Ecolab's Nalco Water division is seeking a business focused Data Scientist to unlock the value in data assets while creating new and unique offerings for customers in the industrial segment. In this role, you will work with the business innovation teams, marketing, sales and customers along with expertise from Ecolab's Center for Advanced Analytics, to help develop the data strategy and advanced analytics pipeline for the business.
What you will do
* Actively engage with internal business teams to understand industrial challenges and deliver robust, data driven solutions.
* Work alongside global counterparts to solve data-intensive problems using standard analytical frameworks and tools.
* Be encouraged and expected to innovate and be creative in your data analysis, problem solving and presentation of solutions.
* Network and collaborate with a broad range of internal business units to define and deliver joint solutions.
* Work alongside customers to leverage cutting edge technology (machine learning, streaming analytics and 'real' big data) to creatively solve problems and disrupt existing business models.
What's in it for you
* A problem-solving mindset with the ability to understand business challenges and how to apply your analytics expertise to solve them.
* The unique person who can present complex mathematical solutions in a simple manner that most will understand including customers.
* An individual excited by innovation and new technology and eager to finds ways to employ these innovations in practice.
* A team mentality empowered by the ability to work with a diverse set of individuals.
* A Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or related field with an emphasis on analytics.
* 6+ Years professional experience in a data scientist/analyst role
* Proficiency in your statistics/analytics/visualization tool of choice, but preferably in the Microsoft Azure Suite, including Azure ML Studio and PowerBI as well as Python and SQL.
* Excellent communication, organizational transformation, and leadership skills
* Demonstrated excellence in Data Science, Business Analytics and Engineering
Ecolab is a provider of water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.