SAIC is seeking an early career data scientist with experience using R and Python for statistical data analysis and visualization. The candidate will join the dynamic team of the Identity and Data Sciences Laboratory (IDSL). The IDSL is tasked with identifying state of the art technologies including facial recognition and AI and examining their applicability to new customer use cases. The IDSL has a cutting-edge infrastructure for gathering and processing multi-modal data in real-time from large-scale experiments from our test facility (Maryland Test Facility; http://mdtf.org) as well as from external data sources. Our scientists regularly publish technical papers and enjoy great work-life balance and an environment that promotes learning and exploration.
The data scientist will:
* Assist with data acquisition and processing tasks, working with software engineers and evaluation designers to build datasets that support specific analytic tasks. * Work with senior team members to perform statistical analyses to identify significant effects in novel experimental and operational datasets, including exploratory analyses. * Implement data visualizations to facilitate a visual understanding of identified effects and differences for both technical and lay audiences. * Contribute to writing customer reports and technical whitepapers.
The ideal candidate:
* Thrives on being on the critical path and able to work independently. * Able to think critically to solve complex analysis tasks, and can clearly explain and document all analysis steps. * Prioritizes analysis validity and repeatability by others. * Comfortable working within a diverse team including test designers and software engineers. * Willing to adapt analytic requirements to changing needs.
* Experience working in a research environment. * Experience with real-time data processing and visualization tools. * Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This position is based in Upper Marlboro, MD. Up to 10% travel is expected within the continental US.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required BS with two (2) years of experience or MS with experience in the following areas:
1. Parametric and non-parametric statistical methods.
2. Performing statistical data analysis in R and/or Python.
3. Visualizing statistical effects in complex datasets.
4. Clearly explaining analytic results in well-written reports.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.