KeyW is looking for a data scientist researcher to work on new and innovative ways to detect botnets and classify devices in Internet-scale datasets. In this R&D driven role, the researcher will have a great deal of freedom to apply the newest data science and AI techniques as they see fit, as well as the opportunity to publish results in peer-reviewed journals. Take your data science skillset to the next level, as part of an exciting team dedicated to keeping America safe at home and abroad.
* Producing novel and innovative research into anomaly detection, classification, discovery, and pattern-of-life from large cyber security data sets
* Working with a variety of both structured and unstructured data sources
* Working with developers to scale prototyped machine learning applications in distributed computing platforms such as Spark
* Communicating findings to a non-technical audience of decision makers
* Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, software engineers, dev ops engineers, and subject matter experts
* Master's Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics, physics, computational chemistry/biology, engineering, quantitative social sciences)
* Programming experience in Python, Scala, Java or R
* Proficiency with query languages (SQL)
* Proven expertise in identifying supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms to apply to new types of data with actionable results
* Ability to produce fundamental research results and objectives with minimal technical supervision
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* PhD. in a quantitative field (see above)
* Bachelor's degree with zero (0) to four (4) years of experience or a Master's degree with zero (0) to two (2) years of experience
* Experience creating proof-of-concept visualizations to convey results to non-technical audiences (e.g., Tableau, D3, Matplotlib, R GGplot)
* Experience with distributed computing (e.g., Map-Reduce, Spark, and other technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem)
* Experience applying machine learning algorithms to large (TB/PB scale) data sets
* Experience with deep learning architectures and frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras)
Clearance: Position requires a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
Interested in this position?
Please click Submit your resume, on the right.
Recruiting Point of Contact:
Phyllis Kerr: email@example.com
KeyW EEO Statement Employment decisions at the Company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of. (1) race, (2) religion, (3) creed, (4) color, (5) national origin, (6) ancestry, (7) sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), (8) age, (9) medical condition, (10) marital or domestic partner status, (11) sexual orientation, (12) gender, (13) gender identity, (14) gender expression and transgender status, (15) mental disability or physical disability, (16) genetic information, (17) military or veteran status, (18) citizenship, (19) low-income status, or (20) any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. About the Organization
KeyW is a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Jacobs.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With approximately $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com, and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.