Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Position may be located in Chicago, IL or Atlanta, GA and is not remote.
The Data Science Solution Consultant Senior Responsible for design and development of analytic models, applications and supporting tools, which enable Data Scientists to create algorithms/models in a big data ecosystem.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for design and development of analytic models, applications and supporting tools, which enable Data Scientists to create algorithms/models in a big data ecosystem.
* Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
* Design, implement and delivery of an insights data pipeline supporting analytic products across the organization.
* Design and integrate data from different sources.
* Forms analytics platform components and/or processing components required to provide a business solution.
* Engage with business stakeholders to design and own end-to-end solutions to empower data driven decision making.
* Leverage data, technology and quantitative methods to form products that inject analytics and insights into daily workflow of teams.
* Defines application scope and objectives, including impact to interfaces.
* Ensures appropriate data testing is completed and meets test plan requirements.
* Coordinates integration actions to ensure successful implementation.
* Mentors Data Science Solution Consultants.
* Administer analytical projects and pilots for tool upgrades.
* Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training
* An ideal candidate will have significant experience in two or more areas: Data Architecture, Real-Time Applications, Data Engineering, or BI Tools.
* 3+ years experiencing leveraging Hadoop technologies - HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, MapReduce, Flume, Spark, distributed processing concepts, Hbase required
* Solid understanding and experience using at least two of the following programming languages - Python, Scala, Java, R required.
* 3+ years Teradata (or equivalent) experience and complex SQL
* Strong relational database SQL skills; including optimization techniques, with knowledge of NoSQL concepts required
* 3+ java/python development experience for batch, web services/API, or web application development
* Strong unix and shell scripting experience required
* Sound abstract, analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
* API & messaging architecture experience
* Strong knowledge of BTEQ or similar data transfer utilities
* Multi database and multi-language preferred
* Experience with source code management and application deployment techniques within an agile development methodology
* Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Cassandra preferred
* Knowledge of the following Machine Learning Algorithms - Classification, Regression, Clustering, Dimensionality Reduction, Model Selection, Feature Extraction
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2015 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Diversity/Veteran