Grade Level: 12A (for internal use only)
The Data Science Program Manager is responsible for providing direct support to the Head of Data Science and the Data Science team along with facilitating the integration of new technologies between the Data Science, Business Transformation, Business Management and end-user teams. The role is focused on combining high quality execution ability, attention to detail, strong project management skills and building effective partnerships across the organization.
The key responsibilities of the role are focused around the following areas:
* Supporting the day-to-day operations and practice management of the Data Science team
* Executing and leading Data Science related projects and initiatives
* Communicating across the enterprise on Data Science activities which includes software demonstrations and presentations
* Working with partners including Business Management an TPM to operationalize Data Science technology and support change management
Responsibilities will also include preparing materials for IT prioritization processes including CPP, people planning related activities, and logistical support including activities ranging from organizing off-sites, agendas, and presentations to huddle management and action tracking.
The Data Science Program Manager will play a key connector role between teams around the integration of efforts around advanced technologies, content strategy and deployment. This will ensure that strategies and execution roadmaps are aligned and connected.
The role requires a sound working knowledge of Data Science technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. While the Business Manager is not expected to be proficient in these technologies from a hands-on perspective they must be able to speak knowledgably and credibly about them to a variety of audiences and operate as an effective partner with Data Science colleagues.
Learning agility will be key in this role as new technologies emerge and the successful BM will have a keen interest in advanced technologies and data with a desire to further their knowledge and capabilities in this area combined with their strong operational, presentation and project management skills. A continuous improvement mind-set coupled with role-modeling Lean behaviors will enable the BM to drive a continuous improvement culture across the team an support an accelerated pace of execution and operationalization.
* Communications, presentations and demonstrations of Data Science technologies to a wide range of audiences including executives and external audiences.
* Preparation for events including showcases, town-halls, technology expos etc.
* Preparing presentation materials and managing a library of slides and other artifacts that can be used for multiple purposes
* Engaging with partners across the organization including Business Management, TPM and analytical practices to support change management and deployment of new technology
* Preparing business cases and related materials as part of the IT prioritization process and being able to present and influence outcomes
* Design and implementation of KPIs and metrics for the Data Science team
* Resource planning and optimization
* Leading certain projects
* Ad-hoc data gathering and analysis
* Problem solving
Capabilities & Key Attributes
* Confidence coupled with technical knowledge including the ability to present to a wide range of audiences and effectively represent the Data Science organization
* Technical knowledge of Data Science technologies to a level where terminology and specific functionality is well understood and can be discussed without requiring significant explanation
* A desire and agility around learning new technologies with a track record of acting on this in prior roles
* Adaptability and flexibility - able to switch between a wide range of activities seamlessly and operate in ambiguous situations comfortably
* Strong relationship management skills and emotional intelligence with an ability to flex style and communications approach depending on the audience
* The role requires a solid understanding of S&P Global Ratings' business, ideally with operational experience. It will be important for the Business Manager to stay current with developments, operations and issues across multiple and diverse business areas.
Background & Experience
* 7+ Years in Industry: Financial Services or related
* Experience working on complex initiatives highly valued
* Technical roles including hands-on skills in relevant technologies valuable
* Exposure to different parts of the organization in a variety of roles preferable
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: