Who We Are
At True Fit, we believe when it comes to fashion, it's all about the details.
True Fit's personalization platform is strategically leveraged by 250 global retail sites, representing 17,000 brands and 100 million registered users. Since 2010, we have raised $100M from top-tier venture capitalists and built the world's largest data collective connecting consumers with apparel and footwear they will love and keep.
True Fit, named a Top Place to Work, is looking for a data science manager to work in our downtown Boston headquarters.
What we do
The Data Science@True Fit team helps shoppers find clothes and shoes they love and keep by providing great, personalized recommendations to our users. Our recommendation engines power our consumer facing products that are currently in the market and the exciting new products on our roadmap. We achieve this using an interesting dataset that includes billions of transactions, user registration data, product catalog information, images, text, and more.
As our data collective continues to grow, so does our team! Let's disrupt this $2 trillion industry together.
What you will do
Data Science@True Fit is seeking a Data Science Manager to spearhead our shopper modeling efforts in order to provide shoppers with great recommendations and help retailers and brands serve their consumers. In this role, you will
* Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to design and deliver data products and machine learning models into production
* Lead a team of data scientists: create a technical vision, drive the team to successfully deliver that vision, and coach individual contributors to realize their career goals
* Own modeling of True Fit users/shoppers and their size data and shopping preferences. Use that data to improve our internal understanding of how people shop, power various externally facing products
* Build user models from data using some combination of the following: machine learning, statistics, math, understanding of human behavior, user research, etc.
* Demonstrate impact of user features/modeling on recommendation quality
* Depth of experience solving data problems using quantitative tools, for example those acquired with a PhD or Masters in quantitative field (computer science, math, physics, computational biology; economics, psychology, or other quantitative social science; or related fields) and years of hands-on data experience
* Leadership skills acquired by leading data science projects and/or managing people
* Experience working with real data: ability to query using language such as SQL, strategies for handling noise, modeling using imperfect data
* Experience writing programs to analyze data and solve problems. Experience with Python or willingness to learn
* Experience using data tools such as R, Pandas, or Spark
* Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
Why True Fit?
One size does not fit all in what you wear or your True Fit career. Everyone at True Fit has the opportunity to push their professional boundaries, while balancing personal ambitions.
Together we've built a tight-knit culture that's reflected in our Glassdoor reviews; "Great people, cool product … refreshing place to work … everyone actually works together like a team, employees are all pro-active and genuinely take pride in their work… growth potential plus culture … management is approachable, mindful of their people … opportunity to learn/work on new technology … you are an integral part of the success of the company… managers provide autonomy and trust you … really innovative company, open to share ideas to make a better product… great culture with the right vision."
We believe that how we dress is an expression of who we are and the confidence we feel. As an EEO employer, we work to help all team members experience an inclusive, diverse and accepting work environment, so you can be True To You.
About True Fit
True Fit Corporation provides an online fit recommendation platform.