At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Driver team at Uber is focused on accelerating driver growth, engagement, and retention across 300+ cities worldwide. Data Scientists on Driver play a central role in guiding product development and strategy through the discovery of insights from data. In this position, you will offer a data-driven perspective and work closely with product, engineering, and marketing. You will be on the forefront of analysis and leverage our data sources to propose new ideas related to every area of our product, including developing predictive models of driver behavior, studying market balance and developing a growth model in the context of a two-sided market, creating experiment designs for product changes with difficult constraints (e.g. extensive product network effects). Our team's autonomy gives us the flexibility to focus on the highest-impact projects in this adaptive and challenging role as we bring increasing numbers of riders and drivers onto the Uber platform.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Hire, train, and manage a team of 6-8 data scientists and analysts
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing.
* Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our business to drive product development
* Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
* Identify key levers for growth and work closely with product to transform hypothesis into product features
* Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions
* Present findings to senior management to drive business decisions
What You'll Need
* At least 5 years industry experience, with 2-3 years of people management.
* Advanced degree in Economics, Operation Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or other quantitative fields.
* Experience with common analysis tools - Python, R, and SQL. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
* Experience in experimentation - A/B, sequential and multi-armed bandit, practical A/B testing experience preferred.
* Good understanding of machine learning and statistical modeling as well as analytics.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Responsiveness. You deliver timely, digestible answers to complex asks.
* Proactive and customer obsessed. You are always thinking of ways to improve the product and the business.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.