Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Data Science/Machine Learning Engineer - Treasury Services
Req #: 180123560
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
We are a team of data engineers, data analysts, and data scientists supporting the Treasury Services business to develop new products. Our product team, data+design, specializes in designing new products by utilizing the huge amount of data in Treasury Services. This exciting rare opportunity is to work closely with the business to develop data products that can bring in high revenues directly to the business. We partner closely with the highly skilled data scientists specializing in machine learning and data visualization. The product designers and strategists work directly with external banking clients as well as internal users to transform the way we do business today.
What we build matters and will have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business, moving trillions of dollars a day. Our group will also work closely with FinTech teams to find emerging tech companies that can help us accelerate development of new products.
New technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change. You will:
* Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
* Become an expert in how money moves through J.P. Morgan's core payments infrastructure, tools, systems and data.
* Develop deep subject matter expertise in the wide range domains in payments and liquidity to support a diverse set of products
* Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones. We move 20% of US$ around the globe every day. The possibilities with this data are endless.
* Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, engineers, end users, and other stakeholders to integrate data discoveries and processes into operational capabilities
* Be a data storyteller, deliver practical data insights in a compelling manner to senior leadership. Articulate findings clearly and concisely including presentations, discussions and visualizations.
We are looking for hardcore engineers who are very strong technically with an open-minded, dynamic and critical thinking. They will work in fast-paced business / front-office type of environment. They should have the go-getter personality, very motivated, passionate about data, creative, strong analytics skill and able to accept new ideas and adopt new tool. They are fast learner who can pick up new software very quickly, passionate about technology and be able to drive the solutions end to end for prompt delivery. Ideal candidates would carry a positive attitude even when working under pressure. We are a team of people ranging from product designer, data strategist, data scientist, engineers, and delivery managers who aim to work as one team, complementing each other with the required skills and explore the unknown together with an open mind.
Required Technical Skills:
* Strong Computer Science and Data Engineering background.
* Experience in Machine Learning Algorithms and Time Series Modeling.
* 5 to 10 years of Software Development experience with 2+ years being Python.
* Experience in Big Data Technology with Hadoop, Spark
* Expert in one of the major programming languages: Java, Scala, C++
* Experience in writing Machine Learning algorithms at scale
Highly Desirable Skills:
SparkML, TensorFlow, Panda, NumPy, scikit-learn, NLTK, PySpark, R, Jupyter, Tableau, JPMC Athena, Impala, Hadoop, big data experience, data science and machine learning experience.
Strong in on-time delivery. Experience in different SDLC tools. Experience with data management, manipulating large data sets through statistical software and data warehousing environments processing large volume of transactions.
Cognitive and Communications Skill - Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. Proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.
Mindset - Primary focus of building something of significance. Willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes. Self-confidence and personal presence that inspires confidence in others. Intellect, flexibility, and integrity that motivates others to trust and collaborate.
Education - Bachelor / Master degree in Computer Science / Math / Engineering / Science.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.