Øptimus Consulting, a data science and software company, is seeking a data science fellow in the Washington, DC area. Fellows with the Data Science & Predictive Analytics team will participate in all aspects of work at Øptimus. In an environment where "long-term" projects last one or two weeks, no two days are the same. You'll work on multiple projects: writing call scripts that are used in hundreds of thousands of calls, streamlining our current workflow, sitting in on meetings to offer your valuable insight, and creating statistical models to meet the needs of our clients, just to name a few. We'll match what you're good at with what you enjoy and what we need.
Fellowships are intended for recent college graduates or those with graduate degrees looking to transition into data science. The fellowship is a twelve-month full-time position with an opportunity for a permanent job offer upon completion.
* Must have a college degree in a STEM or social science field, or equivalent real-world experience. At least one course in statistics is required.
* Having courses or experience in machine learning, data mining, regression, generalized linear models, experimental design, and/or GIS is especially desired.
* A Masters or Doctorate Degree is a plus but not necessary.
* Must be able to learn quickly and juggle multiple projects with moving deadlines.
* Must have strong analytical skills.
* Must have killer Excel skills and be incredibly competent in Word and PowerPoint.
* Must have experience in R or Python.
* Experience with Tableau is a plus.
* A passion or knowledge for politics is preferred but not necessary.
* Experience with political campaigns, commercial operations, or similar efforts can be very helpful.
* Experience with computer programming is a plus.
Fellows with Øptimus are salaried W2 employees and have benefits, including health insurance, dental and vision insurance, transportation reimbursement, and cell phone reimbursement.
Øptimus Consulting is a family of statisticians, graphic designers, data scientists, programmers, social media marketing analysts, and recovering politicos. Since its founding in 2013, 0ptimus has been at the forefront of developing innovative data and analytics software platforms. 0ptimus has designed and delivered data-driven strategies for leading political campaigns, Fortune 500 companies, and non-profits around the globe.
We handle a wide variety of projects and use many different technologies and programs to meet our clients' needs, so our culture here is one of constant learning and curiosity, while doing things the right way. We boast a two-floor office near the yellow and blue Metro lines, no cubicles, a nacho cheese machine, and kegerator. If you live by the "work hard, play hard" philosophy, then you'll be a great fit with the Øptimus team.