Meet CarGurus-the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we're building the world's most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it's easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We're looking for a thoughtful, technical and deeply collaborative Data Science Engineer to work with our growing Analytics Engineering team! This position will provide foundational framework for the Data Science team. This includes building the infrastructure to allow the team to "publish" models into production, developing Python libraries to facilitate feature generation, and providing the data science team with product-based datasets to train their models.
What You'll Do:
* Become a trusted advisor to the Data Science and Analytics teams.
* Turn complex Data Science algorithms and predictions into reliable production-grade systems.
* Create a platform to deploy said models at scale, so that we can make the Data Science team as productive as possible.
* Build Python libraries to make it easy for Data Science to do feature engineering on our raw data.
* Participate in creating the team's roadmap, providing feedback on priority and business value.
* Maintain and tune our data warehouse to support requirements from stakeholders and dependent systems.
* Become an expert in our products and data models, so that you can write performant SQL queries to enable iterative analysis.
Who You Are:
* 3+ years experience as a software engineer, data engineer, or related field.
* Comfortable with using test infrastructure to validate code.
* Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
* Expert in SQL, with ability to optimize database and query performance.
* Familiarity with OLAP databases such as Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, or others.
* A natural detective, with a keen interest in solving business problems with data driven methods.
* Deeply focused on delivering value to stakeholders, with a data-as-a-product mindset.
* Passionate about creating production grade systems and data quality, supporting what you build.
* Experience in building statistical models a plus, but not required.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we're nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we're as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you'd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
CarGurus operates an online automotive marketplace connecting buyers and sellers of new and used cars worldwide.