What you'll be doing...
Global Network & Technology (GN&T) Security Planning is seeking a Data Protection Architect to lead development of end-to-end security architectures and roadmaps for Verizon's data protection systems. The Data Protection architect will also support architecture and roadmap development for Verizon's key systems such as its 4G/5G networks, intelligent Edge Network (iEN), IoT networks and devices, and big data/cloud. The Data Protection Architect will use their domain-specific knowledge of data security to ensure Verizon has managed all significant security risks and eliminated redundant security capabilities. The Data Protection Architect will also work with academic and research institutions to identify and mitigate long-term security threats affecting data protection.
As a member of the Domain SME team, you will work in a fast-paced environment focused on planning and managing security risk for Verizon's most critical systems. You will interact with the engineers building and operating key systems, security engineering and operations teams, and the Verizon CISO organization to ensure the team's recommendations address operational considerations. You will support the System SME team in GN&T Security Planning to ensure to ensure architectures and roadmaps for Verizon's key systems account for all data protection considerations. You will ensure the team collaborates with vendors and the broader security community to stay up to speed on the latest security developments and ensure their future capabilities align with Verizon's needs.
* Architect various data protection capabilities such as encrypting data in motion and data at rest, DLP, data integrity.
* Define objectives, technical work, and timeline for developing data protection architectures, roadmaps, and requirements.
* Develop security architectures, roadmaps, and requirements for data protection systems.
* Support development of security architectures, roadmaps, and requirements for key Verizon systems.
* Build relationships with program, engineering, operations, security, and CISO teams to understand how to develop plans that effectively manage Verizon's security risks.
* Communicate progress, findings, and ensure successful handoff of deliverables to program and operational teams.
* Build domain knowledge of Verizon's environment to understand long-term risk areas that will develop as the systems evolve.
* Provide thought leadership by participating in network and security forums and collaborating with academic and research institutions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in data protection security and its functional components.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in a STEM field, (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering).
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work independently on multiple high priority projects.
* Ability to manage multiple high-visibility, complex technical projects.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Knowledge with the security domains of security engineering, IAM, asset/network/data security, software development, assessment, testing, and operations.
* Knowledge with key Verizon system areas such as LTE, 5G, routing, switching, optical networks, IoT, big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud computing, etc.
* Experience building security architectures, roadmaps, and program requirements.
* Willingness to travel 25% or less.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.