Rsm Us Llp
RSM US is looking for a talented, strategic individual to join our Privacy team as a Data Privacy Governance Manager. In this role, you will join the Privacy Office in RSM's National Office of Risk Management to help us thoroughly understand and map the enterprise's data, strategize with the business on proposed projects and vendors related to data and privacy, and collaborate with cross-functional teams in support of our goal of maintaining the privacy of our clients' and employees' data. This role will report directly to the Data Privacy Officer.
RSM US is an innovative professional services firm that provides solutions for our clients not only in audit, tax, and consulting, but also with services including cloud hosting, software development, business-function outsourcing, forensics, and more to our sophisticated global clients. At RSM, you will be working alongside dedicated professionals with an abundance of experience in privacy, technology, compliance, and professional services. You will be able to do strategic and important work in an atmosphere of continuous improvement, with a group of collaborative colleagues who support and help each other.
* Own the RSM US data maps maintained by the Data Privacy Office
* Partner with data and system owners to map and deeply understand firm projects, initiatives, and technology, and collect and maintain information on data assets, data flows, and business processes that use client or employee data
* Facilitate interviews, questionnaires, and workshops to capture business and data flows, and incorporate the information you discover into our data mapping tools
* Strategically create and implement better and more efficient means to capture data mapping information
* Collaborate with other privacy team members to understand the privacy impacts of existing and proposed data assets, systems, and flows
* Educate system owners on impacts to existing and proposed systems from new or emerging data privacy requirements and work
* Collaborate with data owners, stewards, and other stakeholders to define solutions to maximize data privacy process adoption, mitigate privacy risks in data systems and flows, and enhance efficient compliance with privacy laws, leveraging technology and/or already-existing processes when possible
* Participate in planning, design, and policy development related to data management and privacy
* Review proposed business projects and vendors to identify privacy risks, voice privacy concerns, and incorporate privacy-by-design into projects at the outset, including performing privacy impact assessments (PIAs)
* Support the data subject rights request process as needed
* Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of: tech-savvy and experience, understanding of governance or compliance, familiarity with privacy laws or requirements, strategic thinking and skills, and strong EQ with the ability to work effectively across departments and win support from diverse stakeholders. But we understand that great candidates may not have all of those skills, so here is what you will need in order to be successful in this role:
* You will be our team technology subject-matter expert, so you should have knowledge of technology including an understanding of data architecture, database technologies, cloud services, and data flows
* Privacy requirements change quickly, so you must be able to read, learn and understand complex rules and requirements quickly
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 3 years of experience in related field, such as data governance, data privacy, data management, or similar
* 5 or more years of experience in a professional field involving data, technology, compliance, law, or risk
* The Privacy Team aims to mitigate privacy risks while helping the business to achieve its goals and optimize performance, so you should have excellent strategic problem-solving capabilities, with a focus on how to improve processes and efficiency
* You will work closely with individuals from many departments, so you must be a team player, able to communicate and coordinate effectively across departments and functions
* The Privacy Team is filled with interesting people who are excited about the work that we do, so you should be a curious and active learner with a passion or deep interest in privacy and data
* You will be running meetings, interviewing stakeholders, and writing documentations, so you should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to create clear and professional documentation and communications to different audiences (tech, business, legal)
* As a member of a lean team, you will be given ownership of your projects and goals, so you should be self-motivated, able to work independently and take initiative toward and ownership of projects and solutions
* You will be the main owner of the privacy data map, which we rely on for many functions, so you should be highly attentive to accuracy and detail, able to accurately capture information and incorporate it into data management tools
* We need to be able to report on the status of different aspects of the privacy program and risk profile, so you should be able to aggregate information and data and produce reports for representing status and results
* Experience with data mapping tools such as OneTrust
* Knowledge of privacy laws including GDPR, CCPA, GLBA, HIPAA, and IRC 7216 and experience working in data privacy
* Knowledge of data governance frameworks and experience in data governance
* Experience in professional services, especially tax, accounting, and audit
* CIPT, CIPP, CIPM, DGSP, CDMP, CISSP, or similar certification is a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req9721
Line of Business: Internal Client Service
SubFunction: Legal - Risk Management
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req9721
Location: One South Wacker Dr Ste 800, , Chicago, IL US
Job Category: Legal
Employment Type: Current Openings
Degree Required: Bachelor
About Rsm Us Llp
Junction Solutions offers industry-specific ERP solutions and expertise for the retail and consumer goods industries.