Partners Data Systems
ABOUT STITCH FIX
At Stitch Fix, we're the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology, and unique product to deliver a refined shopping experience. Using a blend of art and science, we deliver a deeply personalized shopping service to our customer. This novel juxtaposition-at once analytic and artistic, technical and adventurous-attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. We'd love for you to join our team!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The experimentation platform team is a small, nimble group of hybrid data science / data platform / software engineers that are focused on enabling data-driven decision making throughout the company. We run the entire experimentation stack at Stitch Fix - from backend services to metrics pipelines, dashboards, and internal notification systems. We also act as an informal sounding board for proposed experiments and new experimental designs. While our main workhorse is A/B tests, we also support other testing policies such as multi-armed bandits and geo-randomized marketing campaigns. As a team, we are driven by the thrill of helping our colleagues make better decisions faster and with less friction, which directly increases the velocity of the business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
* IC position on the experimentation platform team, which is part of our algorithm-development platform team within our Algorithms organization
* We product manage, build, and run the platform - we don't run or analyze experiments ourselves
* There are many aspects of the platform to which you can contribute: engineering of the core golang services, JS/React frontend UIs, spark data pipelines, bandit engine, a self-service metric metadata repository, statistical computation framework, and much more!
YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL...
* work with different teams of data scientists and engineers, doing everything from inventory forecasting to styling recommendations to email marketing campaigns.
* work on a small team building out a critical piece of Stitch Fix's infrastructure.
* be part of a project which has high visibility across the organization, from engineers to the c-suite.
WE GET EXCITED ABOUT CANDIDATES WHO HAVE...
* 3+ years relevant experience with significant contributions.
* excellent coding and design skills in Python, Golang, and Scala (spark).
* experience designing, developing, & deploying services.
* experience designing, developing, & maintaining your own data flows.
* experience with different flavors of SQL & modeling relational tables.
* great communication skills.
* a love for working autonomously and taking ownership of projects.
* natural curiosity and get excited to dig in and understand how things work.
* experimentation experience a plus!
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE…
* We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
* We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
* We are a technologically and data-driven business
* We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Transforming the way people find what they love"
* We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
* We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
* We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
* We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves seriously
* We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
* We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
* You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we're about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We're the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.