Data Modeler/Data Architect - Data Management Organization
San Francisco, CA
Who we are
The Data Management Organization is tasked with ownership and management of the shared data services environments. This function handles the data shared services environment and ensures company-wide consistency around data lifecycle, privacy, security, and ultimately the data strategy. Data Management organization is chartered to build Data Monitoring, Auditing, Data Discovery tools, and compliance assessment tools. This is an effort to digitize the process of Data Governance across the organization globally.
Who you are
The Data Modeler / Data Architect is responsible for defining, analyzing and reviewing the information architecture and data requirements to create a map of Twitter data assets that enable effective implementation of current or future legal, privacy, compliance, security, and Product/revenue requirements. The Data Modeler/Architect creates and builds the information architecture of Twitter data assets and services to help manage data inventory, the ability to generate functional lineage, etc.
Data Modeler and Data Architect will lead the information architecture of Data Map, Data Asset inventory, and Logical Data Model of Twitter products and services.
This role has an opportunity to influence multi-functional team across the organization by evangelizing and implementing tools and ideas that drive efficiency and Productivity across everything/anything that touches Data.
* Fluent in using an E-R Diagramming tool, such as Erwin, Embarcadero Studio (or similar)
* Expert level skills in creating the underlying logical Data Models for Data warehouse solutions having exposure to TOGAF, ERWIN, Star Schema or Snowflake Schema, and, Dimensional Modeling
* Hands-on experience with SQL RDBMS database engines such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc and also "NewSQL" databases - including Redshift, Big Query, Hive, Presto, etc.
* Work with Platform teams to influence the physical data models
* 3-5 years of experience in Data Management best practices, Data Integration, Data Rationalization, and Data Patterns.
* Experience with Metadata management that drives enterprise Data Map
* Experience with Data Management products (both in-house and on the shelf)
What will you do
* Owns and Drive Enterprise Data Model
* Drive the Logical Data Model building Entity relationship across Twitter's complex diverse Tech stack and deep Business functionalities
* Define the Business Architecture of Twitter Data Assets clearly highlighting Legal, privacy, compliance, and Product components
* Champion Data Handling Standards in a positive, momentum-building way across Engineering
* Implement shared service data projects, delivering data requirements, data quality, data mapping and transformation, data migration and reconciliation and testing scenarios
* Reverse engineering existing contents and updating data models to reflect current data architecture
* Work with Data Managers, Data Engineers, and Data Management operations team to architect DMO tools integrations across the Twitter tech stack
* Enforcing data governance standards, policies, and procedures for the design and proper use and care of data
* Interacting with data stewards for data definitions, consistency, quality, privacy, security, and conflict resolution.
* Supporting the metadata strategy as it pertains to data governance and model metadata capture.
* Data integration solution design and quality, inclusive of target and semantic data model(s), data dictionaries, logical data flows, events, business rule and transformation reuse and optimization
* Working well within an agile team environment and applying the related working methods
* Communicating and documenting best practices to leaders and other architects throughout the organization
* Being experienced in API development, including best practices, testing methods and deployment strategies
* Team oriented, incorporate feedback quickly and seamlessly
* Self-starter who is looking to lead and advise rather than be told how to complete tasks
* Know how to navigate and tackle ambiguous problems
* Treat people well -- disagree without being disagreeable
* Works closely with Privacy by design, Platform and other product Eng teams
* Manages a portfolio of activities and resources across multiple functions: data lineage and metadata management, data quality monitoring and reporting, data operations and platform business analysis support.
* Lead stakeholders across the company in the maintenance of the data platforms used for internal and external reporting
* Be the subject matter expertise within data governance working groups and management committees
* Able to advocate on the behalf of the team to other teams
* Can lead projects across teams
* Ability to build new things and solve existing problems with incomplete or ambiguous data
* Push past existing constraints and limitations
* Build consensus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.