University of California
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance-academic and artistic, political and cultural-make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 1, 2019.
The Berkeley International Office functions to ensure that all visiting international students and scholars have successful academic and personal experiences during their time at UC Berkeley. We provide advising
on matters related to a wide array of federal regulations, academic procedures, personal adjustment, and career development. We also support a wide array of academic units through visa processing for students,
scholars, staff, and faculty.
Under the general supervision of the IT Manager, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring data integrity across multiple databases using automated tools, and for supporting the technology needs of the Berkeley International Office. This is a full time, permanent position.
* Work with the SEVIS Coordinator to reconcile discrepancies between the Berkeley International Office (BIO) database and other available data, such as Student Information Systems and SEVIS data.
* Work with the advising staff to ensure data is complete, accurate and consistent.
* Assist staff in extracting data for reporting needs. Run database queries to troubleshoot problems.
* Produce annual Open Doors reports, annual student and scholar statistics, and other data reports and mailing lists as required.
* Resolve duplicate record instances.
* Provide first-line technical support for BIO staff, workstations and servers. Investigate and recommend appropriate tools and technology. Provide computing resources for new staff members.
* Install, configure and maintain computing tools. Provide preventative maintenance and upgrades.
* Troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues. Install and maintain networking controls for data security.
* Remain up to date with developments in the computing field by reading technical information, contacting colleagues and attending conferences and workshops.
* Provide staff training for efficient use of available resources.
* Perform equipment setup for office presentations and workshops.
* Troubleshoot and serve as lead contact for all office technology-related equipment.
* Other Duties as assigned.
* Good knowledge of network and computer maintenance in a Windows environment.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft Windows platforms for configuration and deployment.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft Office.
* General knowledge of database structure and data integrity issues.
* Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
* Ability to analyze and understand complex policies and data.
* Ability to work well independently.
* Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
* Excellent teamwork skills.
* Knowledge of campus policies and processes
* Working knowledge of SQL
* Strong organizational skills
Salary & Benefits
Hourly Salary Range: $29.38 - $30.80
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
About University of California
University of California is a public research university system.