We are seeking a Data Management Engineer/Data Base Administrator (DME/DBA) to be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of our various databases. The DME/SBA will also be responsible for developing and maintaining all aspects of the data management environment. The DME/DBA provides technical expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of database management systems that support the business, which includes our Customer Data Platform/CRM, Financial DataMart, and the various integrations that connect them. Additional responsibilities include reporting, data input and output, API, EDI and ETL technology management, and end-user training and support.
Who we are:
We are Drybar, a blow dry bar, and we set out to shake up the beauty industry in our own, specialty way. We believe in doing one thing and being the best at it. For us, that's blowouts. In fact, our tagline says it best: No cuts. No color. Just blowouts. What started with one shop in Brentwood, CA has grown to over 120 locations across 25 markets, with more to come. Along the way, we also launched our own product line that is crafted for the perfect blowout, retailed in our Drybar shops, Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta, and Bloomingdales.
To learn more about who we are and what we believe in, check out our 10 Core Values, the Heart & Soul of Drybar:
* Manage and contribute to the strategy and engineering of the data life cycle management.
* Responsible for engineering and maintaining the API interfaces for the data life cycle management.
* Work closely with members of the team to ensure that all data flows are consistently compliant with all the services (cloud, container, third party, Database, Analytics) and integrate with other core services.
* Responsible for maintaining all company data workflows.
* Provide best data management practices and governance.
* Produce and maintain complex data workflows to meet all the quality requirements of the data management policy.
* Designs and documents database architecture.
* Assesses malfunctions of hardware and/or software applications for the purpose of determining
* Appropriate actions to maintain computer, network, and database operations.
* Manage Customer Data Platform (CDP)
* Builds database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions.
* Creates, tests, and executes data management languages.
* Develops database utilities and automated reporting.
* Analyzes and sustains capacity and performance requirements.
* Monitors systems and platforms for availability.
* Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
* Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on Oracle and SQL servers and
* Databases, and information systems for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operations.
* Performs database backups and restorations, and recovers corrupted databases.
* Evaluates and recommends new database technologies.
* Implements and maintains database security and encryption.
* Develops, manages and tests database and information system backup and recovery plans.
* Develops standards and policies for data entry, and ensures compliance.
* Prepares written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
* Prepares and distributes reports, including but not limited to daily, weekly and monthly - marketing, financial and operational reports.
* Attends seminars, conferences, in-service training and staff meetings as required
* Other related duties, as assigned.
* Requires in-depth technical expertise regarding data models, data analysis and design, master data management, metadata management, data warehousing, business intelligence, and data quality improvement.
* Requires proficiency in the use of Structured Query Languages for building, maintaining and extracting data from relational databases.
* 3+ years' experience with engineering storage systems and their integration and use in various environments.
* Experience with object storage technologies and familiarity with data management technology
* Experience managing databases. Proficiency in database administration, management, data imports and exports, and developing reports.
* Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
* Experience working at/with companies performing complex/large scale applications deployments, employing recognized best practices.
* Experience including a successful track record of multi-tasking several projects and working as part of a cross-functional team.
* Understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to , Supply Chain, Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing),
* Order Management (Billing and Invoicing), Other business areas such as Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfillment),
* Experience with software in an SaaS environment is a plus as is any
* Experience with financial accounting, CRM, manufacturing or supply chain reporting a plus.
* Experience creating business requirements documents and/or other application systems related documents.
* Drybar follows all applicable federal, state and local laws in regards to background checks.
Drybar is a California-based chain of salons that solely provide hair styling service, also known as "blowouts", founded in 2010.