* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Data Integrations Engineer
Position #2109 - Requisition 16160
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for the Data Integrations Engineer position, a full-time university staff (non-classified) position.
The Data Integrations Engineer is a role on the Data Integrations and Architecture Team in the Office of Information Technology at the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus and is responsible for architecting, developing and managing data integrations between disparate source systems and the central data warehouse as well as establishing stable and flexible end point for systems downstream of the warehouse.
This role is a highly technical job that also requires strong technology leadership and customer relationship skills. The DI Engineer works with business analysts and directly with customers to evaluate needs, build and test solutions and ensure service delivery. These responsibilities require deep knowledge of higher education business process, contemporary data warehousing technologies and methods, as well as current ETL/ELT patterns, technologies and methodologies. Day-to-day work includes evaluating data needs, designing data flows, ensuring security review, developing, deploying and testing data integrations and working with the Data Integrations and Architecture team to ensure overall scalability and supportability of all solutions.
Examples of Work:
* Supports development projects and related project teams focused on sharing and integration of data between the central data warehouse and application and reporting end points.
* Develop, test and maintain large scale ingest and synchronization of data across a diverse set of upstream systems.
* Build and document services related to enterprise service bus (REST API, ODBC connections, managed views, etc.).
* Debug data flow and data integrity issues. Work with downstream data consumers on data integrity issues.
* Work with team to maintain quality data documentation (catalogs, glossaries, dictionaries and end points).
* Deliver quality, scalable and cost-effective data solutions that meet business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies.
* Build services related to data integration and sharing, leveraging Talend.
* Work with team on data roadmaps, services and product and technology strategy.
* Work with security team to meet all data security requirements.
* Collaborates closely with business partners across the organization on the design, delivery and maintenance of integration solutions.
* Build strong relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels, from end users to senior executives, across the enterprise.
* Develop and tune integrated datasets in support of operational workflow and analytics needs required by various IO initiatives across IDW, ERP, and other applications.
* Cultivate understanding of business processes and priorities to consolidate and present data from various sources for business decisions.
* Ensure that data quality is known and tracked by identifying duplicates, missing data.
* Manage flow of data into warehouse and participate in the architecture design and modelling of data.
* Train staff on ETL/ELT architecture, standards, and documentation.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $60,000 to $70,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
* Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
* Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
* 1 year of SQL experience including complex database functions
Conditions of Employment:
Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
* 2 to 3 years of experience building ELT/ETL workflows
* 3 years of experience building and maintaining data solutions
* Experience with wide variety of cloud and on prem data solutions
* Experience with ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, SSIS)
* Experience with data catalog technologies (Informatica, Unifi, etc.)
* Proficiency in common data integration patterns and processes including: ETL/ELT, APIs, streaming, flat files
* Experience with data security and compliance
* Experience with agile software development and managing full SDLC
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work with consumers in high consultative manner, understanding business needs and translating into software requirements
* Self-starter who is able to balance working alone with more collaborative team efforts
* Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments
* Technically curious and a demonstrated lifelong learner