This quantitative strategist position will drive application of machine learning and big data techniques across different areas of the Global Markets franchise (spanning Equity, Rates, Credit, FX and Commodity).
The scope of work can include projects relating to sales, structuring or algorithmic trading desks, amongst others.
Experience in application of machine learning and AI to questions related to the financial markets (within sales, systematic/algorithmic trading, structuring, security lending).
Market knowledge and deep domain expertise around select front-office functionality is desirable.
As a data strategist, you will help to drive the transformation of our business to be data-driven, tech-savvy and AI-powered. Working on select projects, you will analyze structured/unstructured, external/internal data sets to derive insights to enhance revenue, propose solutions to mitigate risks/costs and create new products for our clients. You will also interface with external clients and internal stakeholders to present your work and consult, as needed.
* Understanding of data analysis tools spanning statistics, machine learning, econometrics and signal processing is a must.
* Experience with big data engineering tools (Hadoop/Spark, Kafka) is desirable. Need strong programming skills in Python/R; experience in other languages (C++/Java) will be a substitute.
* Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills are required
* Strong Communication skills
* Commercial Mindset
* Strong programming experience, ideally in Python, C++ or Java
* Strong statistical / data analysis skills; other preferred skills include machine learning, optimization techniques, high performance numerical computing.
* Great communication skills
* An ability to work well independently and in teams
* A commercial mindset and an interest in financial markets and quantitative finance
* A strong academic background at undergraduate or, ideally, Masters/PhD level in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or other analytical background)
Posting Date: 06/24/2019
Location: New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift